onlyonenewbloke

Minecraft Pi

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:33 am

Hi,
Not really sure this is the right place to ask this, and my apologies in advance if it isn't.
Have been running a successful After School Primary Pi Club mainly using Sonic Pi for the last 6 weeks.
Wanted to get more into Python through Minecraft and purchased Adventures in Minecraft in order to teach myself at home during half term. I have run into a technical brick wall however.
Everytime I try to open Minecraft Pi, the Minecraft screen goes black after about 3 seconds. Sometimes I can see the "New Game(?) screen, sometimes I can't. Strangely, sometimes you can see the edges of the game running behind the desktop. I have tried opening though the terminal as well as through the desktop
The thing that is concerning me is that this is on my own personal Pi, but I remember casually opening Minecraft on one of the school Pis and it doing the same thing (though i dismissed it at the time as I had no immediate plan to introduce it). Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Alan

AKopp

Re: Minecraft Pi

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Alan,

iam running a Pi Club in Munich? Do you know that you can release the mouse with tab?

Andreas

AKopp

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:56 pm

I have just Jesse installed and it worked great. Normally I always used kano before.

metalj

Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:37 am

That was happening after using upgrade on wheezy noobs.
Backspace 28 times :)

Return to “Staffroom, classroom and projects”