Scotsman1981

Classroom Question.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Dear Pi users,

I am a teacher, teaching in what used to be a warehouse, that is full of pillars that block my students' view of our projector image. Students are constantly having to move all around just to see what is being presented. One thing that is on each of their desks is a Raspberry Pi 4 connected to a monitor. Is there some way for me to have what I am presenting on the board show up on their screens? The projector is currently hooked up to my Samsung A Tablet via bluetooth. I am trying to think of some outside the box solution to have what I write on the Samsung A Tablet end up being visible not only on the projector board but also on each of the monitors connected to the Raspberry Pi 4's at each of the students' desks.

ejolson

Re: Classroom Question.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:23 am

Scotsman1981 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:39 pm
Dear Pi users,

I am a teacher, teaching in what used to be a warehouse, that is full of pillars that block my students' view of our projector image. Students are constantly having to move all around just to see what is being presented. One thing that is on each of their desks is a Raspberry Pi 4 connected to a monitor. Is there some way for me to have what I am presenting on the board show up on their screens? The projector is currently hooked up to my Samsung A Tablet via bluetooth. I am trying to think of some outside the box solution to have what I write on the Samsung A Tablet end up being visible not only on the projector board but also on each of the monitors connected to the Raspberry Pi 4's at each of the students' desks.
I've wanted the same. Not because of pillars blocking the view, but because it's a large lab with 50 seats and the back rows are too far to easily see the screen.

In your case, would two strategically placed projectors displaying the same content help? The room here is also divided in left and right halves with a projector for each side.

Still, an easy way to do screen casting from my desktop to each of the lab computers would be nice.

Return to “Staffroom, classroom and projects”