shanem2

Bluetooth Keyboard - K380 vs K400+

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi,

Looking for suggestions on which Keyboard to get.

I recently impulse purchased a Logitech K380 keyboard so I could get my RPi3 setup and running, so that I can then SSH to them.

After getting Ubuntu MATE installed, I found the keyboard wasn't working. After getting a Wired keyboard, I got Ubuntu setup. I later found out that Ubuntu didn't have the drivers for Bluetooth installed.

I went back to NOOBS which came with my RPi3. Found that my Keyboard wasn't being detected so did a bit of research. I found that others have had issues with the K380.

As I couldn't navigate the GUI with just Keyboard, I started to look for a keyboard with a scratch pad, so that I could mouse and type. I came across the K400+ keyboard which is meant to work with the RPi3 out the box.

Is anyone able to confirm if their K400+ works, or what other compact Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse combos are there available?

danjperron

Re: Bluetooth Keyboard - K380 vs K400+

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:51 pm

I do have a K400+ connected into my Pi3 and it is working fine. Sometimes i need a keyboard for one of my other Pis and I just hot swap the USB dongle without a problem!

Return to “General discussion”