Cisco2Kid

Best Audio Tone Control ?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 am

Use the Pi only for audio system playback. Can't find/make a Kodi equalizer addon work. I would like to find a ready to use tone control component.
I am not a tech...just a consumer, wanting to plug one in to the Pi . I see several from China, but the shipping times are very long now a days. Grateful for any ideas. Thanks.

Cisco2Kid

Re: Best Audio Tone Control ?

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:41 am

Good grief. Is this forum dead? No one knows how to add a tone control to Kodi....some kind of preamp circuit inline with tone control between audio out and stereo amp. You can tell I am no tech, but even I know this is possible. Is it too low tech to answer? I see built circuits/boards for sale on line (most from China) but as just a consumer I cannot tell exactly what I am looking at and if I would be wasting my money.

I also wonder why no one has produced a kodi add on that works like an equalizer. I suppose it is not possible. The one showing as an audio control no long works with Kodi versions recent.

I mean, I can use the bass and treble controls on the stereo amp, or even put my big Behringer equalizer on the stereo stand in between, but I was hoping there was an easier fix and I would have to buy a second big Behringer as I like the first one where it is in the home theatre elsewhere in the home.

DougieLawson

Re: Best Audio Tone Control ?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 pm

You're more likely to get an answer to Kodi questions on https://forum.kodi.tv
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

2012-18: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Z, ZW, 3Bs*3, 3B+

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

Return to “General discussion”