peterlite

AVerMedia AverTV Volar Green HD TV tuner USB id 07ca:3835

Mon May 22, 2017 6:38 am

The AVerMedia AverTV Volar Green HD TV tuner, USB id 07ca:3835, is mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=35&t=84727

The tuner works in Linux Mint so should work in the latest Raspbian. Is anyone using it, or similar, in Raspbian instead of a media player distribution? What would be the most reliable application for use under Raspbian?

I am looking at recording only and playback only, not recording while playing back. I have both very fast microSD cards, U3, and spare SSDs. Would the Zero have enough speed to record a channel of real HD?

peterlite

Re: AVerMedia AverTV Volar Green HD TV tuner USB id 07ca:383

Mon May 22, 2017 9:02 am

I went back to testing the device on Linux Mint.

MeTV is a dead project that works once started. MeTV finds only a few of the local channels. The sound and video works on those channels. When I scan several times, it locks up randomly and selects a different group of channels each time.

VDR runs through an install without error but is not usable.

Kaffeine is a monster application that installs duplicates of everything in your user interface. Kaffeine randomly crashes. Kaffeine drops out the sound at random times and you have to reselect the same channel to get the sound back. The picture breaks up at regular intervals.

All the other TV applications are abandoned or have no user interface.

Return to “General discussion”