safiullahtariq

Connecting a GSM Module

Thu May 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello All,

I need some help. I would like to connect an Android phone with my Pi so that I can send SMS or call when my GPIO gets an input or output.

I am programming via Python 2.7.

Also, if there is any other GSM module which you think is best for this purpose, please do let me know.

in short, Help Help Help :)

Best Regards and Thanks in advance

Safi

EnzioBrK

Re: Connecting a GSM Module

Fri May 24, 2013 8:28 pm

few weeks ago i found one GSM module that work with arduino and raspberry PI. I this that all of them that work with arduino could work with raspberry PI too, you might need to divide the 5V voltage to 3.3V
I hope it helps.

safiullahtariq

Sun May 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Can you please tell me the details of that GSM module ?

Has anyone tried connecting any Android phone with Pi ?

EnzioBrK

Sun May 26, 2013 5:31 pm

the gsm module was on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIM-900-S2-10 ... HOP:GB:101

I got one from China but i only use it with arduino, so you will have to find on python library to work with it.

xcopter

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi, I m xcopter from Hong Kong (Not China) and I could provide lots of RPi compatible modules including GSM/GPRS and sensors like IMU , available to the RPi community. I have just posted the sim900 complete module (arduino sheild), which could be communicated with RPi using UART. http://stores.ebay.com/quadrifter

You may email me to source some new modules. I am not aiming at profit but contribution to the RPi community just like those open source contributor. Though I am not a full time "seller" but I am much reliable that those chinese seller who only "resell" those breakouts..
Making RPi compatible modules available to the RPi community.
Goal: contribute demo code in github & instructables using RPi as core controller platform!
Lets fully utilize the open source force and chinese manufacturing cost

dees

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:16 pm

hi xcopter,

Can you send me your email id on my ID "t.deepesh31@gmail.com" .

Deepesh

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”