SteveL89

ATmega 328

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:31 pm

First I just want to give more props to Gert. I love my Gertboard! I have the Ver 1 that I assembled (first major DIY project), and then had to troubleshoot due to my own lack of soldering skills, and then finally fixed and it works like a charm. I don't think I will order a pre-assembled one unless someone feels they are superior in some way as this one really feels like mine!

I am really enjoying programming the ATmega with the Arduino IDE (thanks Gordon). I have made a temperature sensor that reads out to an LCD and a sound monitor that graphs to an LED thanks to the Adafruit Arduino tutorial.

This is what leads me to me current (mild) frustration. It seems that some of the sketches written at Adafruit for the Arduino IDE won't compile when run from the Pi as they don't seem to play well with Linux. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am currently having issues with the "Piccolo" sketch not wanting to compile.

Minor speed bump as all in all, love my Pi, love the Gertboard and love the Adafruit tutorials.

S

MrGreg

Re: ATmega 328

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:28 am

I'm seeing this problem

http://adafruit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35725

Not seeing a solution, Guess that some Adafruit stuff is not that Linux compatable "friendly" as you say

SteveL89

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 am

Thanks for the heads up. I have been working on trying to get glcdfont.c to work and I stumbled onto a solution.

On line 9:

static unsigned char font[] PROGMEM = {

I added:

const static unsigned char font[] PROGMEM = {

and now it compiles and runs.

However, on the Piccolo sketch, I am not even sure where to start.

S

MrGreg

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Re linux gfx compile error glcdfont.c

Also saw your(?) post on the Adafruit forum

Tried that, (seemed to solve that problem) and now the compiler spits out a shed load of other errors for the 1.8 TFT.

I will prob just go and buy a cheap and cheerful vt100 type controller & LCD as all I need is serial data out display. The 1.8 tft was a bit overkill

It's a pity that Adafruit don't state when their products are non compatible with linux

Many thanks for your time and info

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”