voleprdele

How to install TV HAT on LibreElec with KODI

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:01 pm

Hello,

just purchased the TV HAT for Raspberry, however i am reading that i need Raspbian OS to use it? Right now i am having LibreELEC with KODI starting directly.

Any thoughts how to make the TV HAT installation and visible to KODI running on LIBRE ELEC?

Or how to open terminal window on Libre Elec or in KODI itself?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/app/uploads ... TV-HAT.pdf

Thanks

Regards,
VLP

DarrenHill

Re: How to install TV HAT on LibreElec with KODI

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:01 pm

You can install a TVHeadEnd server as an addon within LibreElec (it's in the LE repo in the add-ons browser).

Once you've got the addon installed, connect to it from your PC (on the same network as the LE pi) via the Pi's IP address and port 9981 (so open a web browser and enter the address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9981 , replacing the x's with the IP address.

Follow one of the general guides on the internet about setting up the TVHat, except use that TVH server rather than Raspbian and installing one in that. As it's a full and proper HAT with an eeprom, LE should be able to see and set up drivers etc properly, and it can be accessed via the TVH server (and the TVHeadEnd PVR client in LibreElec, which you'll also need to install from the main Kodi repo).

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”