COMPUBETA

GERTBOARD SHIPPING DATE

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 am

I bought one GERTBOARD in NEWARK ELEMENT14 from august, each month the shipping date is the next month, now at november 5 the shipping date is going to be in february 18.
May some one tell me where to buy one GERTBOARD please

wallarug

Re: GERTBOARD SHIPPING DATE

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:20 am

The kit version of the Gertboard will not ship any more.

All orders should have been filled by now? Have you called Farnel?

COMPUBETA

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:31 pm

I all ready paid my gertboard to newark and each month from august I called to the customer service because my order was in back order, the only answer was one month more in delay and now at december 6 they programmed it to be shipped at february 18. Really it has not sense if the gertboard is not going to be shipped more

malakai

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:44 pm

They do plan on shipping the board completed. They just won't give details on what if any delays they are having switching from kit form to assembled. I think a video on the main page Gert said there were a few minor changes that in no way affected functionality search the last few posts on raspberrypi.org to see it.

To me it just seems they can't produce them fast enough to make an announcement. Considering they are probably scrutinizing the whole process at this point. I do feel bad my order was just flat out cancelled and I have been hanging in the wings watching what few boards on eBay that came up selling for over well over $100 :(
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

Dweeber

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:28 pm

I got a strange notification this morning from Newark...

Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 11:46:44 -0700 (MST)
Subject: In Stock Confirmation

Of course when I go to the site either by link or looking up the part number it doesn't exist.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

jduggins

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:15 pm

I'm in USA if that matters ...

I ordered a Gertboard from Newark mid-August, and saw the same expected-date slippage that many have documented. Had just noticed yesterday that the expected ship date had moved from mid-December to February 18th (as noted by at least one previous poster). Low and behold, today I get a notice that it has shipped and a tracking number.

So I'll be very curious to see whether I get a kit or an assembled board (either would be fine at this point, though I'd prefer the kit). I'll update here when I get the actual shipment.

jduggins

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:38 pm

jduggins wrote:I'm in USA if that matters ...

I ordered a Gertboard from Newark mid-August, and saw the same expected-date slippage that many have documented. Had just noticed yesterday that the expected ship date had moved from mid-December to February 18th (as noted by at least one previous poster). Low and behold, today I get a notice that it has shipped and a tracking number.

So I'll be very curious to see whether I get a kit or an assembled board (either would be fine at this point, though I'd prefer the kit). I'll update here when I get the actual shipment.
So after all of that, I did receive a Gertboard *kit* today, shipped from South Carolina. So I'll have a good project for this evening. A rather long and painful saga, considering I ordered it in August. At any rate, I can't wait to play with it!

malakai

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Congrats. So I am guessing the email we all received saying they are back in stock was just an automated deal they probably just had enough to fulfill orders and when they put it into the system it kicked out the email. :( oh well another dashed hope but time is on my side (fingers crossed on that one)
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

COMPUBETA

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Finally I received my gertboard yesterday
It is already assembled and I hope to work a lot during this month
Thanks a NEWARK

intelligentheating

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm

I got the shipping confirmation the other day that my kit is on the way.

Looks like Newark is now catching up on the queue of orders placed earlier this year!

Dog glitz

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I just got off the phone with Newark. They tell me that the unassembled Getboard has been cancelled and that they are not expecting any more. They also told me that anyone with an existing order who has not received it will not receive it. The problem is that there are so many anecdotal reports floating around, I'm not sure what is right. Are their any sources for the assembled or kit version, or should I plan on rolling my own for what I need?

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”