MrChips

Gertboard availablilty

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Is there anyone out there as frustrated as me by not having any idea how long it will take for the suppliers of Gertboard to have them available for purchase?

I have logged my interest, but have been given no idea what sort of waiting time there is.
I had hoped that my 'interest' may have elicted some sort of response, or acknowledgement, but nothing has materialised.

Does anyone have any indication of possible delivery dates please?
Even.... are we days / weeks / months away?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Gertboard availablilty

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 pm

You are not the only one - I believe Gert is quite frustrated too.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

domesday

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised looking at Farnells track record so far, and after all this debacle the PiFace designers chose to go with Farnell as well, you would have thought they would have been frightened off by all the problems with the Gertboard but apparently not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DdeLUA0Fms

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:49 pm

domesday wrote:I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised looking at Farnells track record so far, and after all this debacle the PiFace designers chose to go with Farnell as well, you would have thought they would have been frightened off by all the problems with the Gertboard but apparently not.
Don't you suppose that the agreement was signed a long time before any problems surfaced with the Gertboard's kitting and availability? :D

It strikes me that product launch hiccups in technology are far from unusual.
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

domesday

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 pm

alexeames wrote:It strikes me that product launch hiccups in technology are far from unusual.
True but as they say you measure someone by how they deal with things when problems arise. Seemingly Farnells way of dealing with problems is to stick their their head in the sand and hope it goes away rather than communicating with people to give us an idea what is going on.

BriComp

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi,
I have gotten hold of a PiPlus from Web4Robot. Claims to have similar functionality to the GertBoard.
I must admit I have not had time to get round to using it yet. Perhaps over Christmas.
One usefull point I was not charged VAT by Maggies decendants.

You can see the item here at web4robot.com

emilgram

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 pm

I have an original Gertboard bought from Newark Element4. Unopened. I realized I won't have time to solder it.

Will sell at my cost US$46.50 plus $5 shipping (only inside USA). PM me if interested.

ericbnyc

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:06 am

emilgram wrote:I have an original Gertboard bought from Newark Element4. Unopened. I realized I won't have time to solder it.

Will sell at my cost US$46.50 plus $5 shipping (only inside USA). PM me if interested.
I'll take it . . .

Texcoco

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 am

Annoyingly, I received this email from Newark today thinking that the gertboard was finally ready. When I clicked on the links all I got was a page saying the the part number could not be found. Then I reread the email closer and it is for the "GERTBOARD, BARE PCB W/COMPONENTS FOR SELF ASSEMBLY ". Well I am glad I finally got a reply to the first gertboard I registered interest in. I don't know what to think at this point. I have no faith Newark/ement14.
Newark email.png
Newark email.png (39.22 KiB) Viewed 1789 times

emilgram

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:56 am

ericbnyc wrote:
emilgram wrote:I have an original Gertboard bought from Newark Element4. Unopened. I realized I won't have time to solder it.

I'll take it . . .
Sold to ericbnyc

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”