tryptych

TV Hat

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 am

I have just purchased a TV Hat, installed it on a RasPi 3B+ using Libeelect/Kodi and TV Headend. I receive the Tv transmission from Brisbane Australia without a problem? That is it will stream from the internet. If I "turn off" my Modem/Router I loose the signal. For some unknown reason I am unable to receive the signal via the Outdoor Antenna. So how do I rectify this problem.
Christopher
The Antenna on my roof works perfectly with my Television

johndavies

Re: TV Hat

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:47 am

There is so much that you do not mention. Where are you based? Have you selected the correct local transmitter? What instructions have you followed? The PiHut ones are very clear

Code: Select all

https://thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-pi-tutorials/how-to-stream-digital-tv-with-the-raspberry-pi-tv-hat#Tvheadend%20installation 
Has the ip address that you entered changed? Use the "ifconfig" command to check. Just because you can receive TV from Brisbane via the internet does not mean that you can receive a signal from your local transmitter. The first does not use the Pi TVHat; the second one does. You can look at your channels list by typing
"http://<username>:<password>@<Your IP>:9981/playlist/channels". Another way of doing this is to open your tvheadend site, delete "extjs.html" from your address line and put "playlist" in its place. When you press "Enter" you should see a "channels" download notification in the bottom left of the screen. This file can be opened from the notification box or it can be found in your "Downloads" directory. You should see the Freeview set of TV and Radio Stations. You can test if they work by opening up a Terminal, typing in "vlc" and then the long TV URL of one of them. VLC is probably the best platform for playing TV URLs through the Pi TVHat. It is available for download by typing "sudo apt install vlc" into a Terminal. You should then update and upgrade by typing "sudo apt update" followed by "sudo apt dist-upgrade".

DougieLawson

Re: TV Hat

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 am

I got my TV HAT working in Perth, WA. I seem to remember just choosing the general Australian option and not anything specific (mainly because I didn't know which transmitter is near my daughter's house).

That scanned all possible DVB-T channels on the VHF & UHF frequencies.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”