toldcodger

Small Screen

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:36 am

Hi,

I hope this is the correct part of the forum. If not please feel free to move it.

I’m trying to fit a Pi0 and pi camera in a Brownie Reflex camera.
The
I would like to replace the mirror and glass viewing screen with a small lcd / oiled screen. Does anyone know of a screen that will connect via the GPIO or mini HDMI and show photos and possibly video ?

Ideally I would like to fit the screen where viewing screen is, without having to destroy the existing fitting. The maximum size of the screen is 4cm x 4cm

Thanks in advance.

Dave
You should always keep the prime objective in mind.
However, when you’re up to your ass in alligators, it’s hard to remember that you came to drain the swamp. :D

Andyroo

Re: Small Screen

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Have a look through the Adafruit displays.

They are the only ones I have seen that pop close to video on such a small screen.

The tiny ones I use are either eInk (20+ seconds refresh in mono on a Zero) or SPI connected OLED / LED that cannot cope with moving pictures - I'm cheap and spend the barest amount from China though :lol:

Pimoroni have this kickstarter here that may have a screen and the HyperPixel at here but the latter uses every output on the Pi.

Also try the Steampunk groups (Brass Goggles being the obvious point) - those folk often mod cameras / devices and may be able to help.

toldcodger

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Thanks for the info. The screen may be a pipe dream. I’m having enough problems getting the pi, the camera and a power supply in the case at the moment :D
You should always keep the prime objective in mind.
However, when you’re up to your ass in alligators, it’s hard to remember that you came to drain the swamp. :D

Andyroo

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:46 pm

toldcodger wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:10 pm
Thanks for the info. The screen may be a pipe dream. I’m having enough problems getting the pi, the camera and a power supply in the case at the moment :D
I found pushing a Pi Zero to hard into one box left a 'bit of a mess' :oops: You could try the medium format Brownies as they are a bit bigger in the body or keep the power supply in the pocket and run a short wire - claim its an oddly fashioned carry strap!

Personally I would go for the Pi and power in the body and the camera in the flash (assuming you can get one that fits your body) - a slight parallax issue may be the result but then again I've often shot pinhole with film so who minds that :lol:

Good luck

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”