MarcoZan

info about TV HAT pinout: which pins are really used and which are "free" for other purposes?

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi all
I just bought a TV HAT and I successfully installed it on a RPi2, and I'm using it with OSMC.

Before installing the TV HAT, I was able to use a couple of GPIO pins in oder to perform some actions via serial (switching on/off dolby surround, and the like), but now I have all 40 GPIO pins mechanically locked by TV HAT.

By reading around I started thinking that maybe not all of 40 GPIO pins are really used, and that therefore some "free" GPIO pins are still available.
Unfortunately I was not able to find any TV HAT pinout ... does anyone know where I can find it ?
Or at least does anyone know which GPIO pins are actually used by TV HAT so that I can choose some other pins to do what I need?

Thanks in advance and regards
Marco

leovvi

Re: info about TV HAT pinout: which pins are really used and which are "free" for other purposes?

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Hello,
I have same needs.

Marco,
did you find tvhat pinout?

rpdom

Re: info about TV HAT pinout: which pins are really used and which are "free" for other purposes?

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Answered here: viewtopic.php?t=235171
Unreadable squiggle

DougieLawson

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Your Googles must be borkened.

viewtopic.php?t=235171
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”