zog

Spare parts

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 am

Hi,
I have started building my GERT board. Unfortunatly I dropped a tiny 100 nF SMD capacitor on the floor and couldn't find it, and I damaged another one. I have re-ordered the parts from farnell, but I have had to put in order worth £20 to get another two capacitors costing 1.4p; fortunately there were a few extra things I needed. However I think it would be a good idea to supply a few spare components in with the GERT kit in case of mishaps as these smd components only cost 0.7p each. I have managed to solder the rest of the SMD componets without incident, although it was quite tricky especially the 1 mm long resistors.
SMD components are supposed to be solder onto boards by robots, wouldn't small 1% carbon film resistors have been a bit easier to solder on the board ?

The instruction book should state do not attempt soldering SMD components after a night on the ale!
:)

RaTTuS

Re: Spare parts

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 am

as they are no longer selling the kits it's not going to matter....
that is one of the reasons that make them more expensive to produce using the kit forum... all that seperating and packaging of the small bits...
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”