doveman

Having trouble finding suitable USB hub

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm trying to find a 7-port hub with some ports on one side and some on the other, as I need to mount it inside a case and want some of the ports and the connected dongles internally, with the other ports exposed to the outside, something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/PORT-MAINS-POWE ... m_sbs_ce_2

I'll probably only need a max of 5 ports but hubs seems to come in either 4 or 7-port. I also need one that comes with a 2A+ PSU, so that I can power the hub and the RPI from it.

I've been through the Wiki and the only one I can find available is the Belkin F5U700 but I can't find any information on the PSU it comes with. Does anyone know about that or can recommend something else that's available in the UK and fits my requirements (and obviously is known to work with the RPI)?

I don't want to spend more than about £10 on it. If there's really nothing suitable, I'll look at either getting a very cheap hub with no PSU and get that separately or see if I can manage with a 4-port, although I can't see getting one of those with ports on each side, so I'd have to have them all external with all my dongles hanging outside the case which wouldn't be ideal.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”