mousebrains

POE Hat CRC errrors

Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:34 pm

I received two POE hats and Pi 3 B+s. When connected to a Meraki MS220-8P switch both POE hats on each Pi 3 B+ generate a large number of CRC alignment errors on the switch. When I remove the POE hat and power the Pi 3 B+s with an external USB power supply, the switch does not indicate any CRC errors. In addition to the CRC errors, I also notice a throughput difference with the POE Hat, which is probably attributable to the CRC errors and packet retransmits. Any ideas what the issues my be. Both systems are generating the CRC errors with a fully updated Raspbian Stretch system.

Stuart-JW

Re: POE Hat CRC errrors

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:55 pm

it seems these hats are noisy where the psu part is concerned, so you crc errors are probably down to the noisy and unclean poe power from the hat.

join the ever growing list of us peeps waiting for news of when to RMA these hats back to pi land. :roll:

Stuart-JW

Re: POE Hat CRC errrors

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:57 pm

just checked my switch logs, seems while i was using the poe hat i also had CRC errors, 12842 CRC errors to be exact. seems noise might be the cause of all issues :cry:

Return to “Add-ons”