alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Gertboard Software in Python - Released

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:58 pm

jackisgames wrote:Cheers for the explanation!! and will play around more with the board on the weekend :mrgreen:

also i was wondering if there's any good tutorial for setting up switches/motors etc on the gertboard for newbie (videos preferably but i'll take on anything)
I think raspberrypi4beginners did a couple. I haven't done any yet because I knew Rev 2 was coming out and it seemed foolish to go to the trouble when they'd all have to be done again. I've got a lot on at the moment though, so don't hold your breath :lol: (Now don't anybody go twisting what I wrote. I'm not calling Matt foolish - his videos are top-notch).
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

jackisgames

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:53 pm

yeah i think he posted a plenty of good video about raspberry learned lot from him.. but seems like gertboard tutorial a bit rare isn't it?
cant wait for your video!! hopefully it's about switches and gertboard *hint* :lol:

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 pm

jackisgames wrote:yeah i think he posted a plenty of good video about raspberry learned lot from him.. but seems like gertboard tutorial a bit rare isn't it?
cant wait for your video!! hopefully it's about switches and gertboard *hint* :lol:
Are we talking video on demand? It's actually useful to know what people are interested in. :D

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:53 pm

I've pushed out a full update to all the programs in the Python Gertboard suite today.

Usual place http://raspi.tv/downloads

or

Code: Select all

wget http://raspi.tv/download/GB_Python.zip
then

unzip GB_Python.zip
then, have a look at the README.txt file

cd GB_Python
nano README.txt 
(CTRL+X to exit)

What's new?

All the programs have been tidied up to fit (mostly) within 85 character width.

I've added support for the Multiface in such a way that nothing at all changes for Gertboarders (I've checked every program on both boards). Everything in the manual is still accurate, relevant and correct (You do read manuals don't you? ;) )

Multiface users will simply need to add " m" to the end of the

sudo python progname.py
command, so it becomes...

sudo python progname.py m
and then everyone will get the correct wiring instructions.

I also spotted and fixed a bug in the original ocol wiring instructions. I'm tickled that in >3.5k downloads nobody has mentioned that one to me. :lol:

WiringPi2 for python is in beta and I've checked that it will all work, but this revision doesn't cover that yet as I want to wait until it becomes more mainstream before making it a required dependency. At some point we will switch over, but not yet.

MrMooseAMoose

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:04 am

The led python programs run as intended on my rev2 board

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:16 pm

Splendid :)