notarat

USB Hub Recomended for Testing

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm

I've tested quite a few peripherals for the Pi so I can contribute to the Wiki. That said, I generally don't have the resources to purchase Powered Hubs just for testing purposes so, if someone is in the market for a hub and doesn't mind spending the quid for what seems to be a very nice hub, I recommend they test the QVS powered 13 port USB Hub.

It's two main features, at least to me, are that it comes with a 5v 4A power adapter and an On/Off switch.

That means, you can power the Pi and several peripherals from the Hub itself, and have a nice power switch, without having to cobble one together.

It seems the ports are spaced adequately far from one another to allow many connections, and it seems small enough to allow integration into a case similar to my Lego case that holds my Macally 7 port hub.

If someone is in the market for a new hub, and doesn't mind spending the scratch to get that one, test it and let us know how well it works with the Pi.

I may break down and get it anyway, I just have to take a look at how many legos I have left to see if I can incorporate it into a nice build.

notarat

Re: USB Hub Recomended for Testing

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm

I decided to instead purchase the Manhattan Mondo Hub

It seems to have a few more ports (28 total)
lol.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”