White14150

Lvds/lcd display board/driver

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:17 pm

:?
Hi, before I say anything more I am unsure how else to search this forum or Google because of lack of knowledge of names.

I am (like the other 6 million questions) I am sourcing things I may need and am a ultra-n00b, I need a display that I can mount, camera, and mic along with a laundry list of things.
I have an Asus x555l fried board, and I stripped it of parts needed.. Display, camera, mic, ram, hdd, dvdrw, fan & piping, and batteries. (btw, if you see one of these snatch up the batteries. They are enclosed, with dual flat packed batteries. NOT 18650'S!!!! :D)

I have looked up how to use the display, I seen these lvds/lcd boards. I also see boards for pi/arduino.what would you guys suggest to drive the display? (I know I'm over my head but it is how I learn!)

My plan for this, I have a garden with birdfeeders, pond, and fish tanks all over my house plus reptiles.

I want to set up a video camera in the garden plus a few for my tanks and reptiles front door and garage.

The garden cam, I want to use an open-source AI, to spot and compare images and Id the birds and put together a database to see what birds go for which feeder and graph it.
Also having sensors for each flower pot, and water level for the pond and systematically water each plant with the pond water. (think aquaponics)

Inside fish tanks (6) will be watched and have AI to Id the fish and adjust water to each tank, check water quality and adjust lighting per schedule.

Reptiles will just be watched, gathering ambient air quality (humidity, temp, and lighting)

All of this sent to a website (over wifi) and viewable on the phone.

Later adding the cat-cam so I can see who else this cat visits because he's really fat and don't eat here. 😐

I have been looking at various different project that make up this project and only real idea I had that I have not seen is the bird database.

Tltr:
Lvds/lcd or another board (I seen adafruit shield or hat idk) that I may be able to find new or a better term to search with?

klricks

Re: Lvds/lcd display board/driver

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:22 am

White14150 wrote:
I have an Asus x555l fried board, and I stripped it of parts needed.. Display, camera, mic, ram, hdd, dvdrw, fan & piping, and batteries. (btw, if you see one of these snatch up the batteries. They are enclosed, with dual flat packed batteries. NOT 18650'S!!!! :D)...
The battery will be of no use to you unless the charging power adapter and charging circuit on the main board is fully functional.
The power adapter, charging circuit and batteries are specifically designed to work together with the specific laptop model as a system. You cannot safely use a random charging circuit.
White14150 wrote:

I have looked up how to use the display, I seen these lvds/lcd boards. I also see boards for pi/arduino.what would you guys suggest to drive the display? ...
Search ebay using LVDS HDMI and the screen model number which is probably printed on the back of the display. If you find one or a close match then contact the sellers to see if your screen will work with their board. In some cases the board has to be custom configured for your display.
You will need a separate power supply to run the screen and adapter board.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Lvds/lcd display board/driver

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:32 am

Maybe you Need to look for suitable HDMI-to-DSI Adapter board as your Screen might have MIPI DSI Interface (and not LVDS Flatlink).

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”