Kartunz

IPod touch hdd

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:41 am

Hello all. This is my first post here. Ive read the rules and think I'm in the right forum. Ive also searched the forums before posting. I am new to raspberry pi. Ive managed to get it fired up. I am using a 16gb SD card as of now. I was recently rummiging through my parts bin for another project I found a few things that I thought might be of use on my pi. The first thing is an iPod touch with a devastated screen. I am curios if anyone has ever used an iPod touch as a bootable HDD for the pi?

thagrol

Re: IPod touch hdd

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Given Apple's "you can only do what we allow you to do" attitude, I doubt this is possible.

Also, my second generation ipod touch isn't regonised as a USB HDD so even if the above doesn't apply, it probably won't be possible. Though I can't speak for later generations.
Attempts to contact me outside of thes forums will be ignored unless signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters

wolbert

Re: IPod touch hdd

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:44 am

What he said. Tried it before but no luck.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”