Page 1 of 1

Audio acquisition card for RPi 3

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm
by francescos8
Hi all,
I'm looking for an external audio acquisition card for my RPi3 with (if possible) high performance (I need low latency on audio acquisition for a real time transmission system). I was looking for the Wolfson Audio Card but it seems that is incompatible with Pi 3.
I found the Audio Injector card but it is difficult to buy in Europe, and PiSound (that seems good for me) that is not yet available on market.

Are there any other I2S input cards compatible with Pi 3 and easy to use?

Thank you.

Re: Audio acquisition card for RPi 3

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:22 pm
by fruitoftheloom
There is a newer version of the Wolfson Card now marketed as Cirrus Logic...

Though finding stock may be an issue as well as is it compatible with 2B & 3B ?

https://www.element14.com/community/doc ... -techspecs

Re: Audio acquisition card for RPi 3

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 pm
by francescos8
fruitoftheloom wrote:There is a newer version of the Wolfson Card now marketed as Cirrus Logic...

Though finding stock may be an issue as well as is it compatible with 2B & 3B ?

https://www.element14.com/community/doc ... -techspecs
I've seen that card but it's difficult to find and i read that is (in practice) a beta phase project, it's hard to use. It's correct?

Re: Audio acquisition card for RPi 3

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:01 pm
by flatmax
francescos8 wrote:Hi all,
I found the Audio Injector card but it is difficult to buy in Europe,
Hey there,

You can get the Audio Injector card in Europe through Amazon UK, here is the version without the Mic. on board , here is the one with the mic. onboard and we also have the Octo now up for sale on Amazon UK.
If you can't get it through amazon, you can get it on ebay here.

Finally at the time of writing this message, we have just started our small footprint Audio Injecto Zero campaign on Kickstarter, come check it out !

thanks
Matt

Re: Audio acquisition card for RPi 3

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:48 am
by hystrix
flatmax wrote:
francescos8 wrote:Hi all,
I found the Audio Injector card but it is difficult to buy in Europe,
Hey there,

You can get the Audio Injector card in Europe through Amazon UK, here is the version without the Mic. on board , here is the one with the mic. onboard and we also have the Octo now up for sale on Amazon UK.
If you can't get it through amazon, you can get it on ebay here.

Finally at the time of writing this message, we have just started our small footprint Audio Injecto Zero campaign on Kickstarter, come check it out !

thanks
Matt
It's a shame that the Audio Injector Zero sound card doesn't record at a sample rate of 192kHz....I'd back the project staright away if that was possible.