dirthurts

A subtle power button?

Thu May 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi all,

I've been doing some searching, but I cannot quite find what I'm looking for.
I'm using a C4 Labs wooden Pi Case, and it looks great.
I want to add a shutdown/boot button, but I'm having trouble finding something that won't ruin the aesthetic of it.
It's the one that shows up here:
https://www.amazon.com/C4-Labs-Zebra-Ra ... bs+pi+case

Anyone have any ideas for a subtle way of adding a shutdown button to this thing?

kusti8

Re: A subtle power button?

Thu May 11, 2017 6:51 pm

I think it's pretty hard to find something that will fit and look nice. I can't think of anything. Do you need a shutdown button?
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

dirthurts

Thu May 11, 2017 6:56 pm

It's certainly been a challenge for me. I thought about routing it to the bottom.
Do I NEED one? Well, not necessarily. However, it seems like it would be nice to have. Just having a way to boot it back up without pulling the power would be great.

skidoobond

Wed May 31, 2017 3:11 am

Do you need it to power off or just reset? For a simple reset, 2 bare contacts anywhere and your finger becomes the switch. The bare contacts can be placed anywhere in that case and worked into the design. The pi takes so little power, I have left one of mine one for a couple of years now with an occasional reset.

For complete power off, it may be better to cut power to the usb power in connection. Various switches can cut the hardline.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”