aferenbach

Using a Hudl Screen for Pi monitor

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 am

Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried using a surplus screen from a Tesco Hudl Tablet as a screen for a raspberry Pi? I have seen tutorials about using a disused laptop screen (with a driver board) but does the principle hold for the Hudl?

The reason I ask is that I have a Hudl whose motherborad went mental and the charging port broke and I wanted to still use the screen.

any tips? when I google for it then I always end up sending myself on a wild goose chase. I wasn't even looking to use the touchscreen facility, but that would be a totally amazing bonus.

Thanks in advance

HypnoToad

Re: Using a Hudl Screen for Pi monitor

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:39 pm

I have an old HP touchpad which has a swollen battery and am tempted to try the same thing.

It would probably be easier to just fix the tablet and just use VNC if you need to use it as a monitor

aferenbach

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:55 pm

You are lucky - at least there is the super handy tutorial at http://hdmipi.com which shows you how to harvest from a laptop. I am thinking to just dismantle what is left of my Hudl and try and find the part number on the back of the screen.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Key criteria for your success is the display spec. Then one can judge if it's possible to connect it to a Pi.
Made something similiar with a Google Nexus 7 display.

Maccbrew

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi

Did you get anywhere with the Hudl screen? I have one that hasn’t been used in years and thought about it for a pi screen.

T

Return to “Add-ons”