nastybuttler322

4 inch Elecrow TFT LCD

Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:29 pm

Amazon had these monitors on sale for like $21 dollars, so I canceled the order of a 3.5 inch display in favor of this one because it is bigger and has higher resolution. I did not realize that it did not go through the HDMI port, or that I would not be able to find any information on how to set this particular monitor up. It only connects through the GPIO pins on the pi board. I found drivers PiTFT drivers and a framebuffer copy tool through adafruit. I have two questions so far.

1: Will the PiTFT driver be compatable with other TFT monitors? I'm kind of doubting this.

2: I found instructions for a manual install of operating systems. The only question I have is about the overlay at the end of the process to set in the config file.

# Watterott RPi-Display 2.8"
dtoverlay=rpi-display,rotate=270,speed=32000000,touch

That is the setting for that particular monitor. Would I be able to get more speed out of the monitor than that with the frame buffer tool? The monitor is the one in the subject title, not the one after the hash tag. I just copied that along with the code in case that information would be helpful for someone reading this.

fruitoftheloom

Re: 4 inch Elecrow TFT LCD

Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:19 pm

nastybuttler322 wrote:Amazon had these monitors on sale for like $21 dollars, so I canceled the order of a 3.5 inch display in favor of this one because it is bigger and has higher resolution. I did not realize that it did not go through the HDMI port, or that I would not be able to find any information on how to set this particular monitor up. It only connects through the GPIO pins on the pi board. I found drivers PiTFT drivers and a framebuffer copy tool through adafruit. I have two questions so far.

1: Will the PiTFT driver be compatable with other TFT monitors? I'm kind of doubting this.

2: I found instructions for a manual install of operating systems. The only question I have is about the overlay at the end of the process to set in the config file.

# Watterott RPi-Display 2.8"
dtoverlay=rpi-display,rotate=270,speed=32000000,touch

That is the setting for that particular monitor. Would I be able to get more speed out of the monitor than that with the frame buffer tool? The monitor is the one in the subject title, not the one after the hash tag. I just copied that along with the code in case that information would be helpful for someone reading this.
Welcome, Elecrow supply the information required, it is after all their product:

https://www.elecrow.com/395-inch-tft-di ... -1414.html
Retired disgracefully.....

nastybuttler322

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 am

Yeah, it's their product. But I came here for help because I havent found any there. Thanks for the welcome. The link you gave me was a different product, not sure if you're trying to tell me that the stuff for that product would work for this screen. It looks completely different. The subject title says what the product is. Your reply was not an answer to my questions in any way that I could see. Seems like this forum is here for help, not to be told to go look it up myself (which I had been trying to do for 24 hours straight when I posted this, and became more familiar with Linux along the way). Thanks for the welcome, i'm just a little confused about your reply. Does that linked product and its documents apply to my product as well do to similar hardware? The board looks totally different, though that may not mean anything. I will look into it further when I get to my desktop, the links aren't working out too well with my kindle tablet at the moment. Thanks for the reply, I definitely hope I can get this thing working by tomorrow or I'll have to ship it back and get a different one that is well known to work.

Jaytown

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:28 pm

How do i get the kuman 3.5 inch to have the whole window showing instead of 3/4 spilloff..and how to use both tft and tv with out reboot..

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”