Page 7 of 12

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 am
by mister_wavey
wow, ordered from tandy on 20th, with 3-4 day shipping, and it arrived on 22nd!

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:06 pm
by wallarug
Only 5 days till the end of September. 5 Days till the Gertboard Ships

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 pm
by alexeames
wallarug wrote:Only 5 days till the end of September. 5 Days till the Gertboard Ships
We've got a comedian in the house. :lol:

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:17 am
by jamesh
alexeames wrote:
wallarug wrote:Only 5 days till the end of September. 5 Days till the Gertboard Ships
We've got a comedian in the house. :lol:
Where?

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:33 am
by RaTTuS
I think it's just a stuck record ;)

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:24 am
by alexeames
jamesh wrote:
alexeames wrote:
wallarug wrote:Only 5 days till the end of September. 5 Days till the Gertboard Ships
We've got a comedian in the house. :lol:
Where?
I think we've hidden him under the kitchen sink, but he keeps popping out and surprising us from time to time. :D Rattus' description is probably more accurate though.

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 am
by piglet
Grumpy Mike wrote:
piglet wrote:I'm going to old off until I can get one ready-made. Is that going to be an option in the future? I'm useless with a soldering iron!
I doubt it.
:( Shame.


Oh well. I'll continue hacking about with the TI-Launchpad. Maybe I'll get so fed up with banging my head against a set of registers there that the lead fumes and burned fingers will seem like a good alternative.

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:36 pm
by alexeames
piglet wrote:Oh well. I'll continue hacking about with the TI-Launchpad. Maybe I'll get so fed up with banging my head against a set of registers there that the lead fumes and burned fingers will seem like a good alternative.
Lead fumes? I used unleaded, but the flux fumes, I don't like. (Mask)

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:41 am
by pholy
piglet wrote:
Grumpy Mike wrote:
piglet wrote:I'm going to old off until I can get one ready-made. Is that going to be an option in the future? I'm useless with a soldering iron!
I doubt it.
:( Shame.


Oh well. I'll continue hacking about with the TI-Launchpad. Maybe I'll get so fed up with banging my head against a set of registers there that the lead fumes and burned fingers will seem like a good alternative.
You'll only grab the wrong end once, I promise you.

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 am
by domesday
Pinch, punch, first day of the month. Welcome to October :lol: sorry just couldn't resist.

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 am
by wallarug
domesday wrote:Pinch, punch, first day of the month. Welcome to October :lol: sorry just couldn't resist.
Pinch & Punch to you too. You didn't say "no returns" :D

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:53 am
by alexeames
A kick for being to quick. :P Neither did you. I am saying no returns though. No returns. :lol:

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 am
by mister_wavey
I'm hoping this is a Britishism, and the rest of the world is scratching their head wondering what just happened.

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:16 am
by exartemarte
Infantilism?

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:30 am
by wallarug
exartemarte wrote:Infantilism?
It's a Aussie Thing. You know, that colony somewhere in the southern hemisphere on the other side of the world?

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 am
by mister_wavey
ah, prison talk.

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:51 am
by wallarug
mister_wavey wrote:ah, prison talk.
That's Right. ;)

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm
by stanch
I have just received this email from Farnell UK in response to when I could expect delivery of the GertBoard I ordered 08/08/2012 22:58.

"Hi there

At present we are waiting for a concrete date as to when we will be in receipt of the Gert boards. At present we have been told that this will be 65 days.

Many thanks

Michael"

- Geeps, what's the problem with these? Is there any chance Sony can build them instead?

Most unhappy

Stan chelchowski

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:50 pm
by alexeames
stanch wrote:- Geeps, what's the problem with these? Is there any chance Sony can build them instead?
It's a kit. They're not building them.You are. :lol: Must be a delay on components or something?

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:57 pm
by stanch
No , I'm not building one as they won't send me the bits...

I wonder if anyone has received a Gertboard kit from Farnell?

Rgds.

Stan Chelchowski

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:16 pm
by mister_wavey
is there a reason everyone eagerly waiting for Farnell hasn't just cancelled and ordered from Tandy instead? I really enjoyed assembling and using mine. Why would you wait?

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm
by stanch
mister_wavey wrote:is there a reason everyone eagerly waiting for Farnell hasn't just cancelled and ordered from Tandy instead? I really enjoyed assembling and using mine. Why would you wait?
Thought I may as well wait for delivery as Gert had received the "end of the month" advice.
It's going to be a big challenge for me to assemble this...
I think I'll cancel with Farnell and order through Tandy, this delay is beyond a joke.

Rgds.

Stan Chelchowski

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:00 pm
by RaspberryPiBeginners
Built mine last night let's see if it works.

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:43 pm
by alexeames
RaspberryPiBeginners wrote:Built mine last night let's see if it works.
Have fun with that. I was amazed that mine did. Every little last bit of it. :lol:

Re: Gertboard shipping date.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:58 am
by wallarug
stanch wrote:I have just received this email from Farnell UK in response to when I could expect delivery of the GertBoard I ordered 08/08/2012 22:58.

"Hi there

At present we are waiting for a concrete date as to when we will be in receipt of the Gert boards. At present we have been told that this will be 65 days.

Many thanks

Michael"

- Geeps, what's the problem with these? Is there any chance Sony can build them instead?

Most unhappy

Stan chelchowski
I sent Element14 an email two days ago and they have not replied. I am not very happy either since it says this on their website:
(I'll post the quote later...It seems that Element14.com is experiencing some issues)