Nixoriuz

Cisco 7965 Display on Raspberry Pi

Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi,
I got a Cisco 7965 Display and want to know if the Raspberry Pi could use that or not, I dont have any pictures of the connector at this time but it uses a Flexible Flat Cable if i'm not wrong.

Will post a picture or two of the display.

rpdom

Re: Cisco 7965 Display on Raspberry Pi

Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:22 am

The only display that will work with the "Display" connector on the Pi is the Official one.

Other displays that have HDMI or Composite inputs will work with those respective connectors.

Displays that use the SPI interface on the GPIO may be supported - if there are drivers for them.

VGA displays are supported with an active HDMI-VGA convertor - or using Gert's VGA666 GPIO adaptor board, which uses up (almost) all of the GPIOs.

Some other displays can be supported using the same method as the VGA666, but will require a custom adaptor and some extra parameters to be set.

Other displays may be usable if you can find a driver board for them that will provide a suitable interface for one of the above options.

What you need to do is find out the pin-out details of that connector. A datasheet for the screen would be useful.
Just posting pictures of it will not help as it will not tell us anything.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”