Anuradha

using gpio with servo hat

Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:42 pm

hi this is my first project with raspberry pi. I've just ordered Adafruit 16 channel servo hat to control 6 servo motors. I also need to connect an lcd, a keypad and a vibration sensor to the rpi 2. will i be able to access the gpio after connecting the servo hat? or should I use some extention?

LeoWhite

Re: using gpio with servo hat

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Anuradha wrote:hi this is my first project with raspberry pi.
Hi!
Anuradha wrote: I've just ordered Adafruit 16 channel servo hat to control 6 servo motors. I also need to connect an lcd, a keypad and a vibration sensor to the rpi 2. will i be able to access the gpio after connecting the servo hat? or should I use some extention?
The GPIO pins are broken out on the Serve HAT board so you can solder additional items to it, however for more general testing you probably want to get an extended GPIO header (I've used the 10mm GPIO Header from Pimoroni before). Then you can just connect up your extra items using jumper leads as normal.

Leo

Anuradha

Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:04 pm

So by using the extended header I can connect my LCD and keyboard to the gpio right? The hat uses only the i2c pins from RPI?
Thank you so much for your reply!

LeoWhite

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:19 am

Anuradha wrote:So by using the extended header I can connect my LCD and keyboard to the gpio right? The hat uses only the i2c pins from RPI?
As far as I'm aware its only uses the i2c pins (I also have the non-HAT version of this board and that is i2c only).
You can certainly use any of the GPIO pins that are broken out on the PCB itself (So that's 5,6, 12, 13, 16 to 25 and 27)
Anuradha wrote: Thank you so much for your reply!
Happy to help!

Leo

Anuradha

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Glad to know! I can finish my project now. Thank you once again!

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”