Marekkon5
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Wi-Fi USB Problem

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Hello, I recenly purchased a Wi-Fi USB Adapter D-Link N300 (DWA-131).
On this page: http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Wi-Fi_Adapters I saw:
"Works out of the box on Raspbian “Wheezy”. Verified with direct USB: no powered USB hub needed."
but it's no truth.

When I used "lsusb" command it says, It's Connected, but dhcpuid (default GUI Network Manager) won't show any wireless adapters. On http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Wi-Fi_Adapters I also saw: "

Someone had trouble configuring SSID/Passphrase in etc/network/interfaces file. But no problem & very easy to configure using wicd: wicd is a gui interface on LXDE for network configuration. Install it using command-line: apt-get install wicd. Once configured ith wicd to auto-run on boot, no need to turn back to LXDE. Recommended."

I installed wcid, but It's same as dhcpuid - Won't show any network adapters expect eth0 and can't find any network.
I tried to install drivers from D-Link, in readme was writen commands how to setup, but first command "make"
errored.....

Can You Help Me?? - Raspberry Pi 2, Raspbian "Wheezy"
Thanks

User avatar
FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4075
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:12 pm
Location: Bristol, U.K.
Contact: Website

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Marekkon5 wrote: When I used "lsusb" command it says, It's Connected, but dhcpuid (default GUI Network Manager) won't show any wireless adapters. On http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Wi-Fi_Adapters I also saw: "
Someone had trouble configuring SSID/Passphrase in etc/network/interfaces file. But no problem & very easy to configure using wicd: wicd is a gui interface on LXDE for network configuration. Install it using command-line: apt-get install wicd. Once configured ith wicd to auto-run on boot, no need to turn back to LXDE. Recommended."
I installed wcid, but It's same as dhcpuid - Won't show any network adapters expect eth0 and can't find any network.
I tried to install drivers from D-Link, in readme was writen commands how to setup, but first command "make"
errored.....
Can You Help Me?? - Raspberry Pi 2, Raspbian "Wheezy"
Thanks
I suspect that that WiFi adapter is one of those that is now using a different chipset since that entry on elinux was created (it refers to Wheezy's kernel as 3.6.11+ and Wheezy last used 3.18 (and the new Raspbian "Jessie" release 4.1) - ie. the info. is "way out of date". Can you post (within "Code tags", 5'th tab above) the output of the lsusb and usb-devices commands? (That may help others with more detailed knowledge of D-Link dongles etc. advise you further.)
Trev.
Usually running Raspbian Jessie on up to 12 of 13 Pi's (an A, B1, 2xB2, 2xB+, A+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W) and Stretch on my P3B. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

Marekkon5
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:09 pm

lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0e8f:0022 GreenAsia Inc.
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04b3:310c IBM Corp. Wheel Mouse
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp.

==================================================
And usb-devices:

T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 1
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=1d6b ProdID=0002 Rev=04.01
S: Manufacturer=Linux 4.1.7-v7+ dwc_otg_hcd
S: Product=DWC OTG Controller
S: SerialNumber=3f980000.usb
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=480 MxCh= 5
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=02 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0424 ProdID=9514 Rev=02.00
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=2mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 1 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=02 Driver=hub

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 3 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0424 ProdID=ec00 Rev=02.00
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=2mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=ff Driver=smsc95xx

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#= 4 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0e8f ProdID=0022 Rev=02.10
S: Manufacturer=GASIA
S: Product=USB KB V11
C: #Ifs= 2 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=01 Driver=usbhid
I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=usbhid

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=02 Cnt=03 Dev#= 5 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=04b3 ProdID=310c Rev=02.00
S: Product=USB Optical Mouse
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=usbhid

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=03 Cnt=04 Dev#= 6 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=2001 ProdID=3319 Rev=02.00
S: Manufacturer=Realtek
S: Product=Wireless N Nano USB Adapter
S: SerialNumber=00e04c000001
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=500mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 5 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)

==================================================

And uname -a

Linux raspberrypi 4.1.7-v7+ #817 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 19 15:32:00 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

Thanks

MrEngman
Posts: 3562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 pm

You need to install the wifi driver.

You can download and install the driver using

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.7-v7-817.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.7-v7-817.tar.gz
./install.sh

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

DocPuneet
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:27 am

Dear Engman,
I have ordered a new Pi 2 B model today and a EDUB 8553 Nanao Wifi Adapter. Will it work with Pi? If not out of the box then after doings some installations etc? Please help else should I cancel this adapter and buy something older?

MrEngman
Posts: 3562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:03 pm

DocPuneet wrote:Dear Engman,
I have ordered a new Pi 2 B model today and a EDUB 8553 Nanao Wifi Adapter. Will it work with Pi? If not out of the box then after doings some installations etc? Please help else should I cancel this adapter and buy something older?
I have no idea if it will work. The name you give for your wifi seems to be wrong. Do you mean EDUP EP-N8553? I cannot determine the correct driver for this wifi but think it may be the mt7601 driver which is now included in the newest version of raspbian, but cannot guarantee if it will work or not.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

DocPuneet
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:20 pm

MrEngman wrote:
DocPuneet wrote:Dear Engman,
I have ordered a new Pi 2 B model today and a EDUB 8553 Nanao Wifi Adapter. Will it work with Pi? If not out of the box then after doings some installations etc? Please help else should I cancel this adapter and buy something older?
I have no idea if it will work. The name you give for your wifi seems to be wrong. Do you mean EDUP EP-N8553? I cannot determine the correct driver for this wifi but think it may be the mt7601 driver which is now included in the newest version of raspbian, but cannot guarantee if it will work or not.


MrEngman
Dear Mr Engman, Thanks for your prompt reply. I might have wrongly typed the name. It is EP-N8553 by EDUP.
Here is the link on ebay India: http://www.ebay.in/itm/EDUP-Mini-Wirele ... 3f5358a526

And yes, somewhere on net on Chinese manufacturing site, it says that it has MTK7601 Chipset.

Hope..will it work?

Marekkon5
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi, MrEngman, thanks for the answer, the wifi is working now!

Thanks, Marekkon5

MrEngman
Posts: 3562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:51 pm

DocPuneet wrote:Dear Mr Engman, Thanks for your prompt reply. I might have wrongly typed the name. It is EP-N8553 by EDUP.
Here is the link on ebay India: http://www.ebay.in/itm/EDUP-Mini-Wirele ... 3f5358a526

And yes, somewhere on net on Chinese manufacturing site, it says that it has MTK7601 Chipset.

Hope..will it work?
The mt7601 driver is now included in the newest version of raspbian but you may need to install the firmware file it needs to get it to work. You can install the firmware using command

Code: Select all

sudo wget https://github.com/porjo/mt7601/raw/master/src/mcu/bin/MT7601.bin -O /lib/firmware/mt7601u.bin
However, I'm still not sure it will work as it depends on whether the USB id for your wifi module is included in the driver module so the driver will be activated when you boot the Pi.

I hope it is and your wifi will then work.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

MrEngman
Posts: 3562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Marekkon5 wrote:Hi, MrEngman, thanks for the answer, the wifi is working now!

Thanks, Marekkon5
That's good to hear. Have fun with your Pi


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

Marekkon5
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi, Today I've updated the RPi and the Drivers stoped working.

Linux raspberrypi 4.1.9-v7+ #819 SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 1 20:47:52 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

Can you help me again??? Updated drivers or Raspbian downgrrade???
Thanks

MrEngman
Posts: 3562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:06 am

Marekkon5 wrote:Hi, Today I've updated the RPi and the Drivers stoped working.

Linux raspberrypi 4.1.9-v7+ #819 SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 1 20:47:52 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

Can you help me again??? Updated drivers or Raspbian downgrrade???
Thanks
Try this

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.9-v7-819.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.9-v7-819.tar.gz
./install.sh

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

haridsv
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:21 pm

MrEngman wrote: The mt7601 driver is now included in the newest version of raspbian but you may need to install the firmware file it needs to get it to work. You can install the firmware using command

Code: Select all

sudo wget https://github.com/porjo/mt7601/raw/master/src/mcu/bin/MT7601.bin -O /lib/firmware/mt7601u.bin
However, I'm still not sure it will work as it depends on whether the USB id for your wifi module is included in the driver module so the driver will be activated when you boot the Pi.

I hope it is and your wifi will then work.
I got it to work by simply installing the firmware, thanks a lot!

iancheckley
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:22 am

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:34 am

Similarly I would very much appreciate if I could compile the realtek 3902cu driver to include device v2001p3319 for 4.1.8 -- there is version available for 4.1.7

uname -a
Linux black-pearl 4.1.8-hypriotos-v7+ #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 30 19:37:28 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

usb-devices
T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=03 Cnt=04 Dev#= 6 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=2001 ProdID=3319 Rev=02.00
S: Manufacturer=Realtek
S: Product=Wireless N Nano USB Adapter

Would be very grateful - THANKS
S: SerialNumber=00e04c000001
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=500mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 5 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)

MrEngman
Posts: 3562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:07 pm

iancheckley wrote:Similarly I would very much appreciate if I could compile the realtek 3902cu driver to include device v2001p3319 for 4.1.8 -- there is version available for 4.1.7

uname -a
Linux black-pearl 4.1.8-hypriotos-v7+ #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 30 19:37:28 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

usb-devices
T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=03 Cnt=04 Dev#= 6 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=2001 ProdID=3319 Rev=02.00
S: Manufacturer=Realtek
S: Product=Wireless N Nano USB Adapter

Would be very grateful - THANKS
S: SerialNumber=00e04c000001
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=500mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 5 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
Hi,

Well, I'm not sure what the "realtek 3902cu driver" is, but I know the USB wifi v2001p3319 works using the 8192eu driver.

The drivers I normally compile are for raspbian and will not work with hypriot, however I have been able to compile a driver and it appears to work OK.

You can download and install it with commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.8-hypriotos-v7.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.8-hypriotos-v7.tar.gz
./install.sh
How you get the wifi working I'm not sure as I found HypriotOS totally incomprehensible. I got it working by generating the file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf using

Code: Select all

sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
and adding the following

Code: Select all

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="network-name"
        psk="network-password"
}
How you are expected to configure the wifi I don't know but this worked for me.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

iancheckley
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:22 am

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:27 am

Thanks MrEngman - worked without any issues.

Much appreciated

BFN ian C.

voodoocar
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:25 am

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:29 am

Did you ever confirm that MTK7601 works with no extra code?

MrEngman
Posts: 3562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:00 am

voodoocar wrote:Did you ever confirm that MTK7601 works with no extra code?
No, as I don't have one.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

Probstc
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Tue May 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Thank you for the information. The download of the required files did the trick and my Ralink WiFi USB dongle works perfectly!

ceeeru
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: Wi-Fi USB Problem

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Hello all!

Anybody can share anyway the download link with the firmware for me?
The original doesn't work more :(
B.r.:ceru

Return to “Add-ons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests