Alex_Landherr

Can I Fit This HAT On Top of a Pi Zero W?

Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:02 am

Last edited by Alex_Landherr on Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helpful answers are appreciated. I usually respond to Tweets directed at me. JWST is the Sagrada Família of spacecrafts. I code in Python on Windows 10 and Raspberry Pi OS.

thagrol

Re: Can I Fit These HATs On Top of a Pi Zero W?

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:14 pm

There's only one HAT in that list...

Will it fit to a zero? looks like it will.
Will it do so with that cae installed? No idea.
Will you need some sort of adapter to use the other two boards? Probably unles you're happy soldering wires to the underside of the board.
Can you use all three baords together? If there are no pin conflicts, probably.

One question? Given there is an accurate time signal encoded into the GPS signals why the RTC?
I'm a volunteer. Take me for granted or abuse my support and I will walk away

All advice given is based on my experience. it worked for me, it may not work for you.
Need help? https://github.com/thagrol/Guides

Alex_Landherr

Re: Can I Fit These HATs On Top of a Pi Zero W?

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:22 am

thagrol wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:14 pm
There's only one HAT in that list...

Will it fit to a zero? looks like it will.
Will it do so with that cae installed? No idea.
Will you need some sort of adapter to use the other two boards? Probably unles you're happy soldering wires to the underside of the board.
Can you use all three baords together? If there are no pin conflicts, probably.

One question? Given there is an accurate time signal encoded into the GPS signals why the RTC?
I'll ditch the RTC, is there a good way to have this particular GNSS HAT discipline the time on the Pi Zero W? For the MAX7219 displays I could use a GPIO stacking header like this one:
https://thepihut.com/products/gpio-stac ... -pi-2-pi-3

From what I can tell there are no pin conflicts other than that both need a 5V pin. The display I'm going with uses pin 2, 6, 19, 24 and 23 (it's a SPI interface). I'm quite sure that the stacking header I linked to can accommodate the GNSS HAT and leave room for connecting other peripherals.
Helpful answers are appreciated. I usually respond to Tweets directed at me. JWST is the Sagrada Família of spacecrafts. I code in Python on Windows 10 and Raspberry Pi OS.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”