rec9140

Audio Switching via GPIO

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:02 pm

My main goal is to create an audio switch to switch the audio, MIC and/or LINE LEVEL that is sent to my other progras based on trigers... ie:

Main audio, normally flows to the software, upon a trigger event, I switch to ALTERNATE AUDIO to be sent to that piece of software, and then when the trigger is released, switch back to normal audio.

I've looked at a ton of the various relay boards out there,Pecan etc., but they just are really not a fit for my project..One I want something a little more self contained, don't need 8 channels, not for AC or DC voltages, but AUDIO LINE LEVEL and possibly MIC LEVEL.

So I figure best to just build into my project my own relay/SSW switch circuit.

So what I am asking for is comments, suggestions from those who have done it:

1) best method to switch mic and/or line level audio signal

Can be a relay or some other electronic equal of a relay, like a LC4066B...

2) A Forrest Mimms like cook book of GPIO Relay/SSW interface circuits...I've seen several all with their pluses and minuses, some with opto couplers, some without, etc.. I would like to get a cookbook of these that I could pick out the best based on the comments on switching audio v. power, as well as future reference. I am all for keeping the component count down, but also for protecting the GPIO pins from dotls, ie: ME.

3) Would prefer to keep it within the power constraints of a SINGLE POWER SUPPLY to the Br2 board so, if it can use the 5.0V rail, while my my part of the project uses the 3.3V rail great. Not opposed to having to have a 2A or greater PS, but would like to avoid having to have multiple PS to Br2 and the switching board....

So any input on the above would be greatly appreceiated.....

Thanks in advance.

My main goal is to create an audio switch to switch the audio, MIC and/or LINE LEVEL that is sent to my other progras based on trigers... ie:

Main audio, normally flows to the software, upon a trigger event, I switch to ALTERNATE AUDIO to be sent to that piece of software, and then when the trigger is released, switch back to normal audio.

I've looked at a ton of the various relay boards out there,Pecan etc., but they just are really not a fit for my project..One I want something a little more self contained, don't need 8 channels, not for AC or DC voltages, but AUDIO LINE LEVEL and possibly MIC LEVEL.

So I figure best to just build into my project my own relay/SSW switch circuit.

So what I am asking for is comments, suggestions from those who have done it:

1) best method to switch mic and/or line level audio signal

Can be a relay or some other electronic equal of a relay, like a LC4066B...

2) A Forrest Mimms like cook book of GPIO Relay/SSW interface circuits...I've seen several all with their pluses and minuses, some with opto couplers, some without, etc.. I would like to get a cookbook of these that I could pick out the best based on the comments on switching audio v. power, as well as future reference. I am all for keeping the component count down, but also for protecting the GPIO pins from dotls, ie: ME.

3) Would prefer to keep it within the power constraints of a SINGLE POWER SUPPLY to the Br2 board so, if it can use the 5.0V rail, while my my part of the project uses the 3.3V rail great. Not opposed to having to have a 2A or greater PS, but would like to avoid having to have multiple PS to Br2 and the switching board....

So any input on the above would be greatly appreceiated.....

Thanks in advance.

ant_thomas

Re: Audio Switching via GPIO

Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Did you get anywhere with this?

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”