jacekplacek

scavenged lcd display

Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:51 am

Hi all,

I have a hd lcd display (from the dashcam) marked sh sj24t-79v1f. Googling it didn't yeld any useful info. Anyone can shed a light on if it's possible to use it with DSI (and if yes, how?) Or perhaps at least the pinout for it.

TIA

Jack

ceteras

Re: scavenged lcd display

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:50 am

That's negative. DSI is still an disabled port, nobody can get anything working on it.
Read the threads for more on this.

Raspruss

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Found this: http://remont-aud.net/board/gps_navigat ... 5-1-0-8274

which probably describes the dashcam you found the display from. However, perhaps it contains sufficient OTHER search terms to track down more info.

Chipmunk03

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi,

I bought the same dashcam. Because the thingy has Analog TV out, I thought it would have some kind of controller hopefully in or added to the LCD housing. After removing and opening the device I discovered it does not have a controller or what so ever attached to the display and it is on the main board of the device. Inside the display I found this information:

2.5” TFT LCD Display in Dash Cam:

SJ24T-70V1F or SJ24T-79V1F or SJ24T-78V1F
SH-C1069-240-02 (the zero's can also be capital d's. It is printed not very clearly. I tried to search on the Internet using cpital d's instead of zero's, but did not receive any results).
130703 3

I found out that it is probably manufactured at Shenzhen G. N. D Technology Co., Ltd. in China (http://www.gndkj.com/eindex.asp). But there is no data sheet of the 2.5" TFT LCD Display. I don't have any experience with this kind of electronics. And I don't know how to discover what line is used for what purpose in the flat-cable coming out of the display.

Is there any one who can help us using this display? I ca send some pictures I made of the device and LCD display if that is to any help.

Cheerss,

Frank, alias chipmunk03

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”