first of all, thank you for your reply. I also read your blog about wiring and measuring temperature and found it very useful. so thank you again for that.
First of all, I've used wrong cable for wiring (untwisted 6x0.22mm), now we're going to UTP CAT5 cable (like you've used). Secondly, my connection scheme is kind of messed at the moment- here's the link to it: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1FxF ... rWH2Q/edit
I'm planning to rewire sensors completely (bus scheme- using cat5, y ethernet connectors).
I have a few other question (also about wiring you've used):
- you said you've used A PAIR for 5V/ground/data. If I understand corectly, I should connect white-orange and orange together for 5V. Currently, I'm using 3.3V (from Raspberry Pi).
- can a sensor (on stubbed topology) be on a cable (Currently, I have a sensor on 1m cable) or should be only sensor connected directly on bus cable? here's the scheme that would ease what I'm trying to achieve: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1DL1 ... 00uYU/edit
- also, I'm planninng to connect sensors with RJ45 Y splitters (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapters-Direct ... B0009LZCSU
also, to answer your questions:
- What sized pull up resistor are you using? 4.7kOhm
- How far apart are the sensors? few within 1m, others from 2 to 6m.
- What cabling topology are you using? meseed at the moment. star like. (check scheme again).
- Have you tried reading them via some python code. -not the issue since I'm reading them directly through shell commands.
- OS- the same as you have.
I would like to thank you for your reply also. As mentioned above, I have totally messed topology, which, as said, I'm planning to drastically improve.
Thank you both for your help and answers in advance,