sterlingbutters

HDMI to CSI2 (TC358743) Raspbian Buster

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:34 pm

Greetings,

The latest posts I've seen regarding progress in this are over a year old. With the release of the RPi4, I was hoping to use one of these bridges in my project. Documentation is not existent or limited in the support for this chipset driver. Tinkering with

Code: Select all

ulv4
and

Code: Select all

raspivid
, I have been unsuccessful in making any progress.

I haven't been able to make the distinction between methods used by @6by9 or @RpiName or even determine if they would work with Buster. I am looking for any guidance on getting audio&video stream using this bridge.

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: HDMI to CSI2 (TC358743) Raspbian Buster

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:42 am

uv4l is a closed source project, so you need RpiName or others involved in linux-projects.org to update things. Some people have reported that the Stretch packages will just work with some jiggery-pokery.

Use of raspivid is unsupported. It should still work, but won't be updated.

The kernel V4L2 drivers for it are being supported. See https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 8#p1339178 for instructions on how to bring up the device. You can then use FFmpeg or GStreamer to access the data and create a processing pipeline. Or use yavta as a test app (see the link).
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”