rpdom

Re: ADC for analog video (possible?)

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Z80 Refugee wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:32 am
PiGraham wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:06 am
It does both. If you use raspivid to record a video it uses H264 hardware encoder to compress it.
Sure, but that isn't going to be real-time, is it? The accelerator hardware can provide real-time decoding.
Easily.

I've use the omxtx program to hardware decode mpeg2 video and encode to H264 (mp4) at roughly 4x real-time speeds (15 minutes to decode/encode a 1 hour video) on a Pi 1B.

Z80 Refugee

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:35 am

Fair enough. Thinking some more, there are plenty of video cameras which record to MP4 using similar technology. The difference is the size of the resulting file: the best compression requires significant processing, so they settle for larger files to achieve the throughput.
Military and Automotive Electronics Design Engineer (retired)

For the best service: make your thread title properly descriptive, and put all relevant details in the first post (including links - don't make us search)!

messariomar

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:35 am

Finally, I got my camera signal using a BNC USB converter "easyCap" and I can even suppose that I can get the 3 components UVY(saw some videos on youtube using Matlab and C to get component from the file) from the file .uyv, the analog Camera Can work on the raspberry using a converter which is adapted and also ffmpeg decoder that helped me to read my frames. I have like 0.5s of latency which is pretty good using a raspi and a low-cost converter.

we can also use open Cv to decode the frame and to write a code.

this is PDf I found and that can help you or people that are going to see this discussion in the future.

https://www.tu-ilmenau.de/fileadmin/pu ... dancy.pdf

Lucifer22334

Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:36 pm

messariomar wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:11 am
Hello guys i'm working with an analog camera that have as an output an analogue signal (video flow). do you have any idea of wich converter should i use to convert my analog to digital.
their is a lot of them but don't know wich one would be performing

i found this one mcp3008 but i don't know if it would be enough to convert my signal
Hi,

Which analog camera are you using? and Which converter did you use to convert analog to the digital video signal and How did you saw that video feed on Raspberry PI?

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”