Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:02 pm

USN Connections

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:02 am

I have a Rasp Pi Zero W. I can't get it to configure properly without a monitor, so I need to attach a monitor, mouse and keyboard in order to see what's going on. I bought a powered USB 3.0 hub, and a mini-HMDI to HDMI cable to enable this, but now I'm confused about the USB cables that I need. The RPi Z W has on it a micro-USB 2.0 socket. The hub has a micro-USB 3.0 socket. Can I get a micro-USB 2.0 male to micro-USB 3.0 male cable? Where from? What is this called? Or can I plug a micro-USB 2.0 cable into the larger part of a micro-USB 3.0 socket (it seems to fit) and will it then work as USB 2.0? If so, then perhaps I can buy a micro-USB 2.0 to micro-USB 2.0 cable and this will do the job. Or do I need some combination of cables and adapters? If so, what? Or have I just bought the wrong stuff? What is the best way of connecting this up?

Thanks - Rowan

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”