zontar

Re: FPC to DIP connector

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Saper_2,
thanks again. In the end.. it was my fault.. after many trial and errors I left a mode1 dangling.. replacing it again with mode0 it works..
And tested your code (which anyway looks pretty similar to mine)..and it works also.. a single line! :)

To recap, I will clean up the code and attach it to next post..as soon as I manage to have a decent refresh rate!

Thanks thansk thansk!

zontar

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:02 pm

saper_2, did I tell you that now it works!
after many tests I forgot that I initialized the SPI (just to be sure) with Mode1, while it was obviously mode0.
But since my code was a mess I left mode1. After putting back mode0 everything started working.

Of course even your sample code!

So the keys to success were:

1) driving the CS with a generic GPIO pin (I've checked: with working code, changing only CS to use the real CS0 does not work..)
2) sending all the data in some bursts, and not pixel by pixel (line by line really) with ChipSelect at the begin of the frame and CHilSelect disable at the end
3) the capacitor is not needed. It works for the tests even without one, but thanks
4) jumpering MOSI and MISO (!!!) without this it doesn't work.. mhhh so the result is.. eithere the breakout board is broken or..
but the data is sent out on pin labeled MISO :)

Hoorray! Thanks to everybody. Code will follow
W

zontar

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:32 pm

And here is the final test code..
now I will start the fun part, displaying actual images.

Thanks again to everybody in this forum topic!
Attachments
bcm-spi-test.c.zip
source file of test
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

jklein

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:40 pm

hey,
even if the post is a little bit older, i've some questions.

do you use the LPM027M128B with an header file for fonts?

I'm searching for a matching header but i don't find anything on the internet.

Best regards julian klein

zontar

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi,
I use a LPM027M128B (with or without backlight from 4 leds, ) and also the LPM044M141A.

I've written the driver myself, and I've written a 7bit font (only capital letters..) but unfortunately I couldn't manage to fit it right in a header file, so it's a header + c file. Basically it's a matrix 8x8 with 3 colour x font: bacgrkound, solid color and outline colour, so it's a bit specializes.

I was also searching for something but in the end it was kinda faster to write my own.

What do you mean by "matching header"? Matching with what? Do you have a standard driver that I overlooked?
Thanks
Z

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”