yasharne

use arduino sensors for raspberry pi

Sun May 24, 2015 6:27 am

Hi, I just want to begin working with GPIO and sensors on raspberry pi and I'm new to this stuff, i just want to know if i can use arduino sensors like one in http://www.dx.com/p/arduno-37-in-1-sens ... WFsOBrz5SA on raspberry pi
Thanks

ame

Re: use arduino sensors for raspberry pi

Sun May 24, 2015 6:39 am

Yes and no.

The key difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi in this respect is that the Pi has no analog input. Some of the sensors in the kit are analog devices, so they need an analog input if you want to use them. It is possible to add an analog input module to the Pi in this case.

The others sensors are digital. For these, care must be taken to make sure the sensor output is 3.3V, because the Pi's digital inputs will be damaged by a higher voltage. Sensors such as switches will be okay, but anything with a digital circuit on the sensor board would have to be checked carefully.

DX lists the contents of the kit in detail. You could look at the individual sensors and buy only the ones that are useful or interesting to you, and avoid the analog sensors. That would probably be cheaper.

yasharne

Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks alot for your help

yasharne

Mon May 25, 2015 1:01 pm

ame wrote:Yes and no.

The key difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi in this respect is that the Pi has no analog input. Some of the sensors in the kit are analog devices, so they need an analog input if you want to use them. It is possible to add an analog input module to the Pi in this case.

The others sensors are digital. For these, care must be taken to make sure the sensor output is 3.3V, because the Pi's digital inputs will be damaged by a higher voltage. Sensors such as switches will be okay, but anything with a digital circuit on the sensor board would have to be checked carefully.

DX lists the contents of the kit in detail. You could look at the individual sensors and buy only the ones that are useful or interesting to you, and avoid the analog sensors. That would probably be cheaper.
Excuse me, can you name some of analogue sensors in that pack? As I said i`m totally new to sensors.
thanks

ame

Mon May 25, 2015 1:06 pm

I don't know for sure, but here are my guesses:
- 1 x Photo resistor module KY-018
- 1 x Temperature sensor module KY-013
- 1 x Class Bihor magnetic sensor KY-035
- 1 x Microphone sound sensor module KY-038
- 1 x Laser sensor module KY-008
- 1 x Temperature sensor module KY-001
- 1 x Temperature sensor module KY-028
- 1 x Linear magnetic Hall sensors KY-024
- 1 x Flame sensor module KY-026
- 1 x Sensitive microphone sensor module KY-037
- 1 x XY-axis joystick module KY-023

I did not look at the sensor details. I just looked at the names and guessed.

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”