I'm writing in the forums to get your ideas and suggestions on a problem I'm facing with my Bright Pi. As the title briefly describes it - I got a Bright Pi along with a RPi3 and a NoIR camera. I have searched this forums and the internet for possible solutions but everything I tried didn't seem to work. Below is a brief summary of what I have done so far:
- soldered leds to board cleanly without burning any of the components;
- short leg (-) soldered to where the arrows point as per the instructions;
- camera configured and works just fine, no issues there;
- wiring done properly, double & triple checked
- I have updated/upgraded raspbian on the RPi, i2c enabled, i2c tools installed, system detects the board;
- dtparam=i2c1=on & dtparam=i2c_arm=on added to /boot/config.txt;
- i2c-bcm2708 & i2c-dev added to /data/etc/modules;
- /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf existed but it was blank but I added #blacklist spi-bcm2708 and #blacklist i2c-bcm2708 anyway;
- sudo i2cdetect -y 1 shows a device at 0x70;
- white leds work properly, brightness can be adjusted;
- power supply is 3.1A, which should be more than enough for powering the device + camera + bright pi.
Whatever I do, IR leds do not light up. I'm checking with a mobile phone camera + a test in a dark room with an object close to the camera (50 cm). I'm now running out of ideas, does anyone have any suggestions!