6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

So long and thanks for all the fish

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Just a parting message as I have turned in my Broadcom laptop and pass, and left the building for (probably) the last time.

A big thank you to all that have used or have had input on things for the camera board through these forums. With all our other customers we never have interaction with the end user as there has been these big mobile phone manufacturers. With Pi I've had some good discussions on what would be useful or not, and hopefully we've enabled you to do some fun and exciting things. It has made it a very different project, and quite fun.

I'm reluctant to single people out as I will miss someone, but waveform80 does deserve special mention as the Python library has allowed many people an easy access in to the camera without having to worry about C. And of course JamesH as my partner in crime at Broadcom - it's been useful having another pair of hands, and much of the early stuff was down to you.
There are many others at Broadcom that I could mention, but there's little point as I don't believe they lurk on here.

I'm not going to be disappearing totally off the scene and will be keeping an eye on this forum, but please don't expect or demand fast responses from me as it's likely to result in you being ignored - it is no longer my job! :D I may pop into Pi Towers if there is a need, but it is likely to be very much on an ad hoc basis.

So, until the next book in the trilogy comes out, so long and thanks for all the fish.
Dave
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

RaTTuS

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Don't Panic!
was nice to have you here
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

PiGraham

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:43 pm