mummson

infrared filter to make Pi NoIR to a regular camera module?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:36 pm

I kinda did a goof, and bought by mistake a Pi NoIR and threw away the blue filter (so two goofs) but instead of trying to return it I want to keep it for later experiment's that Ill probably never do.

I am not sure what IR filter I should get, found this on aliexpress would that do?

And another thing, where can I get a replacement blue filter?

redhawk

Re: infrared filter to make Pi NoIR to a regular camera modu

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 pm

IR block filters are expensive they're also difficult to handle and easy to get your grubby fingermarks on.
Furthermore if you plan on placing the filter in front of the lens you may experience reflections of the filter glass and lens when light hits at certain angles.

I would personally bite the bullet and get a regular Pi Camera without the hassle and compromised image quality as already mentioned.
If you're still annoyed of buying the NoIR why not sell it on eBay as "near new" I'm sure if you sell at reduced cost of the original price I'm sure someone would bid for it.

Richard S.

mummson

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:44 am

redhawk wrote:your grubby fingermarks
How do you know my fingermarks are grubby?? are you a spy!?

well.. I had thought of printing out something similar to this and having it between thisand the camera module.

riklaunim

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:12 am

As a IR/UV cut filter you can use astronomical IR/UV cut filters which are easily available in astro stores near you ;)

That picture above is a filter wheel carousel. Those are also use in amateur astronomy/astrophotography. For a color camera color filters in a color wheel have no point as such filters are applied onto selected pixels of the camera (RGB pattern). Mono cameras use such filters to get photographs of given objects in every channel (red, green, blue) to product color image as a result.

mummson

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:32 pm

Ok, ill find some UV/IR filter.. but the Roscolux #2007 Storaro Blue film where on earth can I find those?

riklaunim

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Why do you need that?

mummson

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:45 pm

riklaunim wrote:Why do you need that?
I don't need it per se it came with the camera module and I threw it by accident, my mother is a botanist and I would have wanted to try out taking pictures of plants and showing her the results.

Return to “Camera board”