kaikeraut

MMAL take Picture Callback is not getting called

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 am

I registered the camera take picture callback in mmal_port_enable(camera_still_port, camera_buffer_callback)

But camera_buffer_callback is not getting called.

What can be the issues.?

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: MMAL take Picture Callback is not getting called

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 am

Code: Select all

mmal_port_parameter_set_boolean(camera_still_port, MMAL_PARAMETER_CAPTURE, 1)
The port can be set up and enabled at start of day an is then ready to capture, but until you set that parameter it doesn't actually do so. It reduces the capture latency slightly.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

kaikeraut

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:41 am

6by9 wrote:

Code: Select all

The port can be set up and enabled at start of day an is then ready to capture, but until you set that parameter it doesn't actually do so. It reduces the capture latency slightly.
This function i called at last, after this it supposed to trigger the capture and callback function will be called with buffer (frame data).

but for me the callback which i registered in mmal_port_enable is not getting called.

6by9

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:02 am

Have you done a mmal_component_enable? Otherwise I'm out of ideas and would suggest you post your code to github or similar so that others can review it rather than speculate.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

kaikeraut

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 am

6by9 wrote:Have you done a mmal_component_enable? Otherwise I'm out of ideas and would suggest you post your code to github or similar so that others can review it rather than speculate.
yes i did.

Return to “Camera board”