two) with the motion? At the
same time that on raspberry pi
was opened does with online
watching the picture that gives
raspberry pi. A two monitors
can be connected to it (by hdmi
and analog)? When all this, it is
desirable to know how
raspberry pi loaded. I use google translate.

jbeale

Re: RS PI motion

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:27 pm

orlexy wrote:I need to know if she pulls a record from a webcam (one or two) with the motion? At the same time that on raspberry pi was opened does with online watching the picture that gives raspberry pi. A two monitors can be connected to it (by hdmi and analog)? When all this, it is desirable to know how raspberry pi loaded. I use google translate.
It is difficult to understand the google translate text to English. I will try to answer anyway.

You can use the Raspberry Pi with a standard USB webcam and the "motion" program, but you are limited to small resolution like 640x480.
You can use the Raspberry Pi with the Raspberry Pi camera, and the "motion" program and get better resolution, up to 1024 x 576 pixels at 3 frames per second.
You can also use the Raspberry Pi with the Raspberry Pi camera and record full-HD 1920x1080 video when motion is detected, using this "RPi Cam Web Interface" software: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/viewto ... 43&t=63276

You can only use one Raspberry Pi camera per Raspberry Pi board. You can connect more than one USB camera, but the problem is CPU speed. You will not get good performance.

DougieLawson

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Can you post your question in your native language? Your Google Translation reads like the BBC's 'Allo 'Allo's Officer Crabtree's pidgin French.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/5071 is a project to turn a RPi into a security monitoring camera.

I'm running my RPi with a picamera doing timelapse photography of our bird feeding table.
http://www.fotosyn.com/simple-timelapse ... offee-tin/
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

rpiforfun

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:39 am

It seems like they want to know if they can have two video outputs on the raspberry pi if its camera is recording. One to HDMI, and a second to analog.

I think that is not possible, as only one output option can be used HDMI OR analog. Anyone else, please feel free to correct me.

It is unclear if this is their goal or what. If they simply need to view two streams, I wonder if doing it over IP would be better? Or if they are limited to two "monitors" only.

Return to “Camera board”