jbeale

colour denoise and temporal denoise settings

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:34 pm

In the R-Pi VC4 document at https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware ... amera.html I see reference to OMX_IndexConfigVideoColourDenoiseEnable, OMX_IndexConfigStillColourDenoiseEnable, and OMX_IndexConfigTemporalDenoiseEnable.
It notes that "This is only applicable whilst the camera is producing images in the Broadcom-specific format or YUV420." but I am wondering if this kind of denoise control is available in raspiyuv or raspistill ? If not, could it be? I would love to be able to try capturing image with no or reduced noise filtering, without resorting to RAW format which is a lot more trouble to deal with.

matzehali

Re: colour denoise and temporal denoise settings

Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 pm

I second this notion.
Please provide a possibility to skip the denoise-parts of the code. I'd love to just record what comes out of the sensor, without any heavy denoising which is much easier to do in post, anyways.
Also, it would be lovely to switch off level gaining, so that if there's low light, there's no automatic gaining, which boosts the vertical lines in dark scenes, you hardly can get rid off afterwards.

Pretty please! :D

MatzeHali

P.S.: I'm referring to raspivid in this case!

ethanol100

Re: colour denoise and temporal denoise settings

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:33 pm

You could just try to disable it in the raspivid/raspistill program:

The corresponding MMAL paramters are
  • MMAL_PARAMETER_ALGORITHM_CONTROL_ALGORITHMS_VIDEO_DENOISE
  • MMAL_PARAMETER_ALGORITHM_CONTROL_ALGORITHMS_STILLS_DENOISE
  • MMAL_PARAMETER_ALGORITHM_CONTROL_ALGORITHMS_TEMPORAL_DENOISE
so you could create a MMAL_PARAMETER_ALGORITHM_CONTROL_T with one of the above parameters and use mmal_port_parameter_set to set it (similar to raspicamcontrol_set_ROI).

i.e. something like:

Code: Select all

MMAL_PARAMETER_ALGORITHM_CONTROL_T algoparam= {{MMAL_PARAMETER_ALGORITHM_CONTROL, sizeof(MMAL_PARAMETER_ALGORITHM_CONTROL_T)}};
algoparam.algorithm=MMAL_PARAMETER_ALGORITHM_CONTROL_ALGORITHMS_STILLS_DENOISE;
algoparam.enabled=false;
mmal_port_parameter_set(camera->control, &algoparam.hdr);
So you can try to set the parameter above to false and look if something changes. I have no idea if these algorithms are implemented, but, i.e., FACE_RECOGNITION seems not to be implemented.
I would not be very optimistic.

Edit: According to this post it is not possible http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/viewto ... 31#p494731

Return to “Camera board”