lagurus

Independent frame rate settings?

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Is somehow possible to set different frame rate for video port and for preview port?

I would like to use preview port for motion detection at maximal frame rate (30fps) and at the same time save H264 from video port at e.g. 2-3 fps.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Independent frame rate settings?

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:51 am

I don't believe so. Note that the camera is going to be running at the max speed required and I'm not sure we can bin frames, but I'll check tomorrow.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

lagurus

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:50 pm

jamesh wrote:I don't believe so. Note that the camera is going to be running at the max speed required and I'm not sure we can bin frames, but I'll check tomorrow.
Not necessary max speed, enough will be also something like 20-25fps.

jamesh

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:18 am

Sorry, but max speed I mean the highest speed you have requested. Which has actually made me think a bit more about this - the camera in video mode runs at 30-fps all the time, so we must be binning frames to get to the lower speed, either that or we request frames at the fps - I'll need to double check.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Return to “Camera board”