poplaru

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:50 pm

Can anyone help me? i'm new to this and when i'm trying to install i got this error:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package php5-cli is not available, but is referred to by another package.

Package libapache2-mod-php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.

E: Package 'php5' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'php5-cli' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libapache2-mod-php5' has no installation candidate
sudo: a2enmod: command not found
Failed to restart apache2.service: Unit apache2.service not found.
File does Not exist!{NORMAL}
File /etc/apache2/apache2.conf does Not exist!
File /etc/apache2/ports.conf does Not exist!
File /etc/motion/motion.conf does Not exist!
Directory /etc/apache2/conf-available Exist.

Please help

rpdom

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:53 pm

Are you trying to install the PHP packages? The current version is based on PHP7. You should be able to install it with "sudo apt install php" (but as you havn't show the command you used I'm having to guess).
Unreadable squiggle

rpiMike

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:09 pm

Are you using the latest Raspberry Pi OS?

poplaru

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 am

rpdom wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:53 pm
Are you trying to install the PHP packages? The current version is based on PHP7. You should be able to install it with "sudo apt install php" (but as you havn't show the command you used I'm having to guess).
Sorry for the late reply, I'm not spesifically installing the php packages, i use the instruction on this page https://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interfac ... stallation , then when i got to this part raspberry-pi-geek.com/var/rpi/storage/i ... ghtbox.png i choose install then i got that error..

poplaru

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 am

rpiMike wrote:
SOrry for the late reply, I got this raspberry from my senior who did his project last year, i'm afraid it's not the latest update.

ras07

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:21 pm

SnowWolf75 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:24 am
ras07 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:07 am
BTW if time-lapse ends up being unwieldy for your use case, another option is to run video at a very low FPS.
So the FPS could be decimal? For one frame pet 30 seconds, it would be 0.033.
No, I believe 1 FPS is as low as you can go.

ras07

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:22 pm

poplaru wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 am
rpiMike wrote:
SOrry for the late reply, I got this raspberry from my senior who did his project last year, i'm afraid it's not the latest update.
Sounds like you're not on a supported OS version. You can get the latest OS at https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspberry-pi-os/ .

BigEgg

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 pm

I have a few questions about publicly hosting the min.php feed. What are some security precautions I can take? Is there any way to obscure my external IP, or will I need to get some third party like ipcamlive to handle the hosting? Also, if I require login to the camera will website viewers be able to see the feed without providing login?

This is not going to be shared widely (just a few friends), but I'd like to still be sure I've taken some measures to keep my pi and the network from being compromised. Thanks!

ras07

Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:57 pm

BigEgg wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 pm
I have a few questions about publicly hosting the min.php feed. What are some security precautions I can take? Is there any way to obscure my external IP, or will I need to get some third party like ipcamlive to handle the hosting? Also, if I require login to the camera will website viewers be able to see the feed without providing login?

This is not going to be shared widely (just a few friends), but I'd like to still be sure I've taken some measures to keep my pi and the network from being compromised. Thanks!
Let me say up front that (1) I'm not a network security expert and (2) this isn't entirely risk-free no matter what you do. This isn't a "cookbook" tutorial; frankly anyone who's not comfortable with educating themselves on these topics shouldn't be doing it. That said, here's what I've done in the past to reduce risk to a level I was comfortable with (and I hope others will chime in if they have recommendations as well.)

First off, create a separate web site on your Pi with only the files needed for min.php. Create this directory structure and copy these files to it:

Code: Select all

/var/www/min/
	/var/www/min/cam_pic.php
	/var/www/min/min.php
/var/www/min/js/
	/var/www/min/js/script.js
If you also create an empty status_mjpeg.php file (touch /var/www/min/status_mjpeg.php will do it) it will eliminate some spurious entries in the error log.

Rename min.php to something obscure*; I'll use min-ei2fh49x3y.php for this example. Set the owner and group for all files and directories to www-data.

Edit /var/www/min/js/script.js and delete all functions except for hashHandler, reload_img, error_img, and init. Alternately, delete it all and replace it with:

var mjpeg_img;
var preview_delay = 0;

function reload_img () {
  mjpeg_img.src = "cam_pic.php?time=" + new Date().getTime() + "&pDelay=" + preview_delay;
}

function error_img () {
  setTimeout("mjpeg_img.src = 'cam_pic.php?time=' + new Date().getTime();", 100);
}

function init(mjpeg, video_fps, divider) {
  mjpeg_img = document.getElementById("mjpeg_dest");
  preview_delay = Math.floor(divider / Math.max(video_fps,1) * 1000000);
  if (mjpeg) {
    mjpegmode = 1;
  } else {
     mjpegmode = 0;
     mjpeg_img.onload = reload_img;
     mjpeg_img.onerror = error_img;
     reload_img();
  }
  reload_ajax("");
}
Configure the site with an obscure* port. If you're using Apache, something like this will work:

File: /etc/apache2/sites-available/min.conf

<VirtualHost *:18294>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/min
        <Directory /var/www/min>
                Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
        LogLevel warn

SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cam_pic.php$|/status_mjpeg.php$" dontlog
        CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log common env=!dontlog
</VirtualHost>

# vim: syntax=apache ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 sr noet
Edit /etc/apache2/ports.conf to add Listen 18294, enable the site with a2ensite min, and restart Apache. You'll access the page with a URL like http://ww.xx.yy.zz:18294/min-ei2fh49x3y.php .

Optional, but highly recommended: set it up for SSL. There are good tutorials out there for doing this, and you can get a free cert with Let's Encrypt.

Firewall everything as tight as you can - these aren't all absolutely essential, but the more you can limit access the better. (You can find good tutorials for all these as well.)
  • Install ufw and configure it to disallow everything both in and out except for what you absolutely need (HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, NNTP, SSH, etc.)
  • Set up SSH to use keys, disallow passworded logins, and run on an obscure* port (and do NOT forward that port to the internet)
  • Make sure your router is reasonably modern (decade-old routers are often a big security issue) and is running the latest firmware from the manufacturer
  • Port-forward only your HTTP(s) port externally (port 18294 in this example)
  • If your router allows it, set up a separate "guest" network for just your Pi that runs isolated from the rest of your home network (this protects your home network in the event your Pi is ever compromised)
You can password the site with .htaccess if you wish (it will be unrelated to any user/password you set up in the RPi-CWI install - google "Apache password protection"); alternately, if you use a long, randomish name for min.php and you are using SSL, then it's essentially "passworded" in that you need to know the URL to access it. (And if you aren't using SSL, Basic Auth via .htaccess sends passwords essentially in the clear anyway.) If you know the IP addresses of your viewers you can further restrict access (through either the Apache configuration or with your router) to just those IPs.

Lastly keep an eye on Apache's access and error logs from time to time, to see if there's any unusual access happening.

Keep in mind that this can use a LOT of bandwidth (and with most residential ISPs, upload bandwidth is much lower than download). You can mitigate this somewhat with the preview settings, but it's not hard to saturate your upstream link, particularly if more than one user is viewing at a time.

Takes a little bit of doing and some self-education, but it's definitely doable and is a fun learning experience. If you hit a snag on something specific, ask away. Good luck!

ras

*To be clear these are not really "security" precautions - obscurity is not security. These are mainly to reduce brute force attempts by bots, which reduces traffic to your IP and thus the load on your Internet connection.

poplaru

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:52 am

Hello, I have a problem that after I use remove.sh and choose Hard removes then a terminal pops up a lot of messages saying Operation Not Permitted and then my Raspberry Pi desktop freezes and I can't connect back to it using VNC Viewer, please help.

rjbailey95066

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface -- Split off a stream to send to YouTube?

Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:49 am

Success!

With the RPi Cam Web Interface running as normal, it is now possible to split off a video stream to send to YouTube for general viewing without incurring multiple hits on the RPi if you want others to view the video. Now YouTube can do the heavy lifting of serving the video to the world at large.

Here's the script that works for me:

ffmpeg -hide_banner -i http://[local_RPi_address]/cam_pic_new.php -re -ar 44100 -ac 2 -acodec pcm_s16le -f s16le -ac 2 -i /dev/zero -f h264 -vcodec h264 -acodec aac -ab 128k -g 50 -strict experimental -f flv rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/[my_stream_key]
Please don't ask me details on the ffmpeg options--it just works. The main point is that it takes the video stream from cam_pic_new.php (installed with RPi Cam Web Interface) and converts and uploads it to YouTube in a compatible format.

Note: this is processor-intensive, and it maxed out the CPU on my RPi. The solution for me to me was to run it on another computer on my LAN. On an older Mac Mini it takes about 30% of a processor.
rjbailey95066 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:32 am
ras07 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:23 pm
Lots of moving parts here ... seems like a good intermediate step would be to just output a stream that you could view in a browser pointed directly at VLC. (I haven't gotten this to work yet either.)
You're right, but I pounded away at this again for a couple of hours with no success. I can't even get the VLC GUI on my Mac to do this. Somebody more experienced with VLC and the RPi will have to crack this. As it is, I can't tell which cvlc error messages are meaningful, because NOTHING points me to a solution. And as for restreaming to YouTube, I can't find a useful link for that. Plenty of links for how to stream FROM YouTube, but not the other way.

ras07

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface -- Split off a stream to send to YouTube?

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:25 am

rjbailey95066 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:49 am
Success!

With the RPi Cam Web Interface running as normal, it is now possible to split off a video stream to send to YouTube for general viewing without incurring multiple hits on the RPi if you want others to view the video. Now YouTube can do the heavy lifting of serving the video to the world at large.
Excellent! Looking forward to giving this a try!

Felix222pc

RPi Cam Web Interface - Download Videos and Images

Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi
I am trying to track down an issue I am having regarding the functionality of “Download Videos and Images”. The details of all the captured images and videos are shown but no thumbnails for the images and videos.

If I try and select a video or image it downloads the image through the browser but if you then try and open them, the browser says that the file is either corrupted or is not supported. If you try and open the same files from the folder the browser downloaded the images to the same errors occur. However, if you go to the original folder in which the images are stored they open perfectly well. This situation occurs when using Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Chrome.

The images captured with RPi_Cam_Interface are stored in the usual location of /var/www/html/media. This is mounted as a windows share on a NAS on the local network. All this works fine with images and videos correctly being recorded onto the NAS. Opening up the files on the NAS from file explorer opens the files perfectly with no errors.

This issue has only arisen since I created a new install of RPi_Cam_Interface following an SD Card crash.

Hope someone understands where the problem lies.

ras07

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface - Download Videos and Images

Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Felix222pc wrote:
I am trying to track down an issue I am having regarding the functionality of “Download Videos and Images”. The details of all the captured images and videos are shown but no thumbnails for the images and videos.

If I try and select a video or image it downloads the image through the browser but if you then try and open them, the browser says that the file is either corrupted or is not supported. If you try and open the same files from the folder the browser downloaded the images to the same errors occur. However, if you go to the original folder in which the images are stored they open perfectly well. This situation occurs when using Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Chrome.

The images captured with RPi_Cam_Interface are stored in the usual location of /var/www/html/media. This is mounted as a windows share on a NAS on the local network. All this works fine with images and videos correctly being recorded onto the NAS. Opening up the files on the NAS from file explorer opens the files perfectly with no errors.
So the images and videos are fine as stored on the NAS, but they fail when you try to open them with a browser through the RPi-CWI interface?

When you try to download an image or video, do you get (1) no file at all, (2) a zero-size file, (3) a file with an incorrect size, or (4) a correctly-sized file that nonetheless is corrupt?

Felix222pc

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:42 pm

You are right, that outside the RPI_Camera_Interface, if I simply access the NAS, the files are recorded correctly and can be opened and play. The problem appears to be seeing and previewing the files as stored on the NAS, within the RPI_Camera_Interface. If I click on the Download Videos and Images tag you get the screen shown below, with no thumbnail shown for either images or videos although all the data associated with the files ie sizes and dates are correct.
Download Screen-2.jpg
Download Screen-2.jpg (105.74 KiB) Viewed 562 times
If I click on the number title of the file, the browser shows that the file is downloading. When the download is complete if you try and open it from the download page in the browser (or indeed from the download location the browser has downloaded to) you get an error message similar to "It appears that we don't support the file format". The downloaded file size is exactly the same as that stored on the NAS.

If I click on the small thumbnail icon in the bottom left hand corner of each file tab shown above, I then get the following preview windows depending on whether the file to be opened is either an image or a video.

Screen Shot for Preview Image
preview.jpg
preview.jpg (106.47 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Screen Shot for Video Preview
Video Preview-2.jpg
Video Preview-2.jpg (28.48 KiB) Viewed 562 times
I am at loss here to understand what is happening here. I have tried looking through the preview.php file but am not competent enough to understand where the issue may lie, or whether it is actually a problem elsewhere.
Thanks for the assistance

ras07

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:18 am

Felix222pc wrote:
I am at loss here to understand what is happening here. I have tried looking through the preview.php file but am not competent enough to understand where the issue may lie, or whether it is actually a problem elsewhere.
This feels like a permissions problem, although I can't yet put my finger on the exact issue. Can you execute ls -la /var/www/html/media from an SSH session and post the results? (Don't need the whole thing, just the first dozen lines or so.) Also, if you are mounting the share via fstab, can you cat /etc/fstab and post the results? (Obfuscate any passwords, if shown.)

Felix222pc

Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:59 am

ras07 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:18 am
Felix222pc wrote:
This feels like a permissions problem, although I can't yet put my finger on the exact issue. Can you execute ls -la /var/www/html/media from an SSH session and post the results? (Don't need the whole thing, just the first dozen lines or so.) Also, if you are mounting the share via fstab, can you cat /etc/fstab and post the results? (Obfuscate any passwords, if shown.)
Below is a truncated listing of ls -la /var/www/html/media

drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data www-data 0 Aug 29 09:23 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 www-data www-data 4096 Aug 24 16:36 ..
-rwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 43896 Aug 29 07:16 vi_0362_20200829_071648.mp4.v0362.th.jpg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 14540968 Aug 29 07:17 vi_0363_20200829_071722.mp4
-rwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 43806 Aug 29 07:17 vi_0363_20200829_071722.mp4.v0363.th.jpg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 20452387 Aug 29 07:33 vi_0364_20200829_073314.mp4
-rwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 44523 Aug 29 07:33 vi_0364_20200829_073314.mp4.v0364.th.jpg

Below is the fstab listing

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p6 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
/dev/mmcblk0p7 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
//192.168.0.190/Media/DomeCamera /var/www/html/media cifs username=*****,password=*********,vers=2.0,uid=www-data,gid=www-data,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iocharset=utf8 0 0

I also believe that somehow this is a permissions issue but was confused as to how the interface could write to the NAS but then only display file properties when trying to preview files. That having been said if I dismount /var/www/html/media then the interface correctly displays thumbnails etc. I had some difficulty getting the mount to automatically work on boot until I introduced the "vers" option. I believe this relates to the SMB version being employed. My NAS supports SMB v2 and not version 3 which I think is the default. In case it matters the NAS is a Buffalo Linkstation LS210D using an XFS filesystem.

Thanks again for your help.

ras07

Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:28 pm

The permissions look OK to me. Strange problem.
If you select a couple videos/images and click Get Zip, can you open the files that get downloaded in the zip file?
If you use vers=2.1 in /etc/fstab, does that do anything? (I wouldn't expect so, but it's something to try.)
Which Pi version are you using? Is the network wired or wireless?

Felix222pc

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:35 am

ras07 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:28 pm
The permissions look OK to me. Strange problem.
If you select a couple videos/images and click Get Zip, can you open the files that get downloaded in the zip file?
If you use vers=2.1 in /etc/fstab, does that do anything? (I wouldn't expect so, but it's something to try.)
Which Pi version are you using? Is the network wired or wireless?
Zipping a couple of files, creates a zip file in my browser download folder. After unzipping I can view images and videos without a problem. This is different to simply downloading an individual file which after it has been downloaded I cannot view or play. The Pi version based on the output from pinout is Model 3B V1.2 Revision a020d3. The connection is principally wireless, although I have connected through an ethernet cable and have the same issue. Changing the vers option to 2.1 creates an error on mount. The only options I know work are vers=1.0 and vers=2.0

Thanks again for your time

ras07

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface - Download Videos and Images

Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:31 pm

It's very odd that it works if you download it as a zip file but not when you open it directly in the browser. I can't think of a good explanation for this.
Felix222pc wrote:
If I try and select a video or image it downloads the image through the browser but if you then try and open them, the browser says that the file is either corrupted or is not supported. If you try and open the same files from the folder the browser downloaded the images to the same errors occur.
You could try comparing the zipped file with the direct-download file with a hex dump / editor (there are several available for Windows that you can Google; if you happen to use Notepad++ on Windows there's a good plugin that handles hex, and you can easily do a compare on two files; but there are also plenty of others). This would tell you how much / what part of the file is getting corrupted, although honestly, I'm not sure what you'd do with that specific information.

You could also run checksums on the two files (md5sum, crc32, or the like; you can also see the crc32 with command-line Zip utilities, since the Zip format uses crc32 internally). Again, not sure how valuable this information would be.

My best guess is that there's some strange incompatibility between the Pi and your NAS, although I have no idea what it might be. It could be useful to take the problem to a forum specific to your NAS model. FWIW Raspberry Pi OS (formerly Raspbian) is based on Debian Stretch, so if there's a known problem between the NAS and Debian, that probably applies to the Pi also. You might also search for problems associated with Apache, although that seems less likely to me.

Good luck

wilhelm115

Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:50 am

How can I install this with Kali linux on my RPi?

RichShumaker

Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:58 pm

HQ Camera & Exposure Bracketing & DNG Conversion
I did search the thread except I did not find anything(need to search DNG as that was a lat minute add)

1. Are there any additional HQ Camera features like camera sync that could be added to RPi Cam?
Side Note 12mp 4056 x 3040 pixels works great(once you up the GPU Split)
2. Is there a way to do exposure bracketing? I know I can timelapse but I need to change the aperature on the lens manually to do the brackets. I am looking for 3 to 5 pictures taken as fast as they can with the exposure "automagically" being incremented(EV comp, Shutter Speed)
3. When shooting RAW, Is there a RAW to DNG Conversion that could be done in the background similarly to video background processing? How does the system know a regular jpg from a jpg with RAW added?

Love this software.
Thanks everyone for all the effort that has gone into this over the years..
Rich Shumaker
http://www.instructables.com/id/Pi-Zero-W-NoIR-8MP-Camera-Build-Overview-Introduct/

sadra

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:11 am

Hi. I'm new in raspberry and RPi-Cam project too. I'm working on a project that aims to stream the camera image to a webpage. I have 2 raspberry pi 4 B+. and I want to use one of them for server and another one for attaching camera to give the picture to server (another raspberry). here's my wishes and questions:
(excuse me if it is repetitive because the number of questions and answers was too much and I didn't have a time. :oops: )
  1. how to customize the webpage (I find index.php but I just want it's picture in my webpage.what part of it should be copied?)
  2. how to send the picture of first pi to another pi
  3. how to turn on Pi after shutdown? (because I just want camera when I open it in my browser)
In any case, I apologize for being repetitive :oops:
If my questions are repetitive, thank you if say the page number and user who says the answers of my questions.
Last edited by sadra on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ras07

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:25 pm

sadra wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:11 am
Hi. I'm new in raspberry and RPi-Cam project too. I'm working on a project that aims to stream the camera image to a webpage. I have 2 raspberry pi 4 B+. and I want to use one of them for server and another one for attaching camera to give the picture to server (another raspberry). here's my wishes and questions:
(excuse me if it is repetitive because the number of questions and answers was too much and I didn't have a time. :oops: )
  1. how to customize the webpage (I find index.php but I just want it's picture in my webpage.what part of it should be copied?)
  2. how to send the picture of first pi to another pi
  3. how to turn on Pi after shutdown? (because I just want camera when I open it in my browser)
In any case, I apologize for being repetitive :oops:
If my questions are repetitive, thank you if say the page number user how says the answers of my questions
Not sure why you would want to use two Pis to do this; I think you could accomplish your objective with just one. But in any case, start by taking a look at min.php - that has the basics for a minimal page showing just the image.

Turning on and off a Pi from a web page would be pretty involved - would have to be a hardware/software solution.

CharlyDelta

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface ---motion detection stop---(resolved itself)

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:23 pm

After months of good working, (in fact, it's a function I barely use on this device, so I don't know since when), when I click on ''motion detection stop'', the Rpi Cam Web freezes. Also when movement detected.
The other buttons work well
I can't figure out what's causing that.
Do you have an idea where I should look ??
Thank you for your help

Rpi 4 with RpiOS 64bit

Mystery, after two days that it doesn't work and having groped a lot of stuff... this morning, after leaving it on all night long it works... Weird !

Return to “Camera board”