nospam

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 pm

btidey wrote: ↑
Wed May 02, 2018 11:27 am
woerman wrote: ↑
Tue May 01, 2018 1:25 pm
I am experiencing problems downloading videos to IOS devices. I can however download the same videos to PC. I redid the installation as well. I tried 3 IOS devices with the same results.

Steps on IOS:
1. Download Videos and images
2. Click on the video opening the preview
3. I can preview the video
4. Select the Download button
5. URL displayed: <Raspi IP>/html/preview.php
6. Screen is black with the play symbol and a line through it
I don't use IOS myself but others do and I haven't heard of this problem.

When you select click on a video in the Download Videos and Images page then you get a preview and the browser should be showing a URL like
ip/preview.php?preview=vi_0005_20180502_115043.mp4.v0005.th.jpg#

Clicking on the Download button should just download the .mp4 file to the client.

In step 6 are you referring to the client when you try to play the mp4 locally or is that what you see in the browser web cam page?

Normally the easiest way to see what is going wrong in these case is to use developer tools in the browser.
You are correct, if I select preview it opens a URL like ip/preview.php?preview=vi_0005_20180502_115043.mp4.v0005.th.jpg#

When I choose download the URL changes to ip/html/preview.php and I see the black screen with play button and line through it. Nothing gets downloaded.

In step 6 I am referring to what I am seeing on the browser on my IPhone
This is a problem with Apple. I can stream the video no problem but if I try downloading to an iOS device first I see the same issue. Apple is preventing users from viewing the downloaded videos.

I see similar problems with viewing some photos on OSX. Apple prevents users from viewing certain JPG files with the stock Photos app and will give you an error telling you the file is unsafe to view because its from an unidentified source. This is Apple logic net-nanny at its best.

The solution is to not download videos first via iOS. I suspect you could download the file on OSX, upload it to iCloud, then view it on iOS.

Apple is deaf when it comes to interoperability of data and non-apple devices. Why follow a standard when you can just invent a new one that nobody else wants or uses. I have a perfectly good DVR I cannot use on Apple devices anymore after an update because Apple nanny blocks the java applets from running and you can't bypass it in any way. Apples response to the problem? Go buy a new device.

ngl

Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 am

I have been using this interface successfully for some time. However if I attempt to change the camera settings, e.g. brightness, nothing happens. I was going to reinstall to see if that problem was fixed but I thought I would ask the question first in case there is a simple fix.
Also nothing happens when I select for example record video start.
However the system settings seem to work. I can reboot the raspberry pi.

redbr64

Mon May 21, 2018 4:27 pm

I am having some problems running the motion_event macro. I have followed the docs (https://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interface#Job_Macros) and this tutorial (https://quavoce.wordpress.com/2017/06/0 ... interface/). The logs say that the macro is being executed, but nothing results from it. I have tested running the bash script on the command line and it works fine, but not when rpi_cam_web_interface tries to run it. I am posting a snippet from the log, and then also my steps to get there.

Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!

LOG SNIPPET:
{2018/05/21 06:17:23} Set up internal detect width=121 height=68
[2018/05/21 06:17:38] Logged in user::
[2018/05/21 06:17:38] UserLevel 6
{2018/05/21 06:17:41} Executing macro /var/www/html/macros/motion_event.sh "1"
{2018/05/21 06:17:41} send smd 1
[2018/05/21 06:17:41] Start capture requested from Pipe
[2018/05/21 06:17:41] Send ca 1
{2018/05/21 06:17:41} Capturing started
{2018/05/21 06:17:49} Executing macro /var/www/html/macros/motion_event.sh "0"
{2018/05/21 06:17:49} send smd 0
[2018/05/21 06:17:49] Stop capture requested
[2018/05/21 06:17:49] Send ca 0
{2018/05/21 06:17:49} Capturing stopped
{2018/05/21 06:17:49} Add /var/www/html/media/vi_0002_20180521_061741.mp4 to Box Queue at pos 15
{2018/05/21 06:17:50} Start boxing /var/www/html/media/vi_0002_20180521_061741.h264 to /var/www/html/media/vi_0002_20180521_061741.mp4 Queue pos 15
{2018/05/21 06:17:51} Finished boxing /var/www/html/media/vi_0002_20180521_061741.mp4 from Box Queue at pos 15
{2018/05/21 06:17:51} Removed item from Box Queue
MY STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Code: Select all

sudo nano /var/www/html/macros/motion_event.sh

#!/bin/bash
echo "some data for the file" >> testmacro.txt
please note that what I actually want to do is use aplay to play a sound and then send some pipe commands to change the look of the video - it is for an art performance, just keeping it simple for test purposes. Regardless, even this simple doesn't work, although the script works when run from the terminal as pi user

sudo chmod -x /var/www/html/macros/motion_event.sh
sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/www/html/macros/motion_event.sh sudo chmod 764 /var/www/html/macros/motion_event.sh

redbr64

Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 pm

an update on the last post - the problem was that I did not specify a full path for the text file. the script does run indeed. But I am still having some trouble with my ultimate goal, which is to play a sound and then send some pipe commands. So here is what I did so far, and it does not play the sound, and sometimes causes RPi Cam Web Interface to crash (the UI remains, but stops working)

1) Changed the script to this:

#!/bin/bash
aplay /var/www/html/macros/beep.wav
echo "played sound" >> /var/www/html/macros/testmacro.txt
2) Gave ownership of beep.wav to www-data

sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/www/html/macros/beep.wav
3) Still didn't work, so also tried this:

sudo chmod 764 /var/www/html/macros/beep.wav
Any ideas? it seems maybe I need to give www-data the ability to run aplay, but not sure how to do it... visudo something?

redbr64

Mon May 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Got the problem above solved by Robert's help in github - the solution was to add a permission to run /usr/bin/aplay command in the /etc/sudoers.d/RPI_Cam_Web_Interface file.

budman1758

Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm

I search for a while and found no answer to this. Its not a big deal but I am curious.....
I currently have 3 camera setups running and all installs were done at different times. Each has a different version number I assume coincides with when I installed them. My question is after updating all of them several times over the last few months and again just a few minutes ago the displayed version number in the web page does not change.

v6.3.3
v6.2.31
v6.4.21
All of these were just updated at the same time. Why does the version number remain the same?

CharlyDelta

Mon May 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Back to button :

Name,macroname.sh
so:

toute eteintes,led_all_off.sh
I can create buttons

I created bash files for the commands like this:

#! /bin/bash

sudo i2cset -y 1 0x70 0x00 0x00

exit
In: /var/www/html/macros directory,

And given the required permissions:

chmod 777
and

chmod a+x

sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/www/html/macros/led_all_off.sh

Addes those things:

sudo adduser www-data gpio
and

sudo adduser www-data i2c

Now, how to make it all work together ?

Missing something ??

CharlyDelta

Mon May 28, 2018 6:44 pm

Removed ''sudo''

#! /bin/bash

sudo i2cset -y 1 0x70 0x00 0x00

exit
and it's working well now... but... the image is still and the RPI is very slow.

Working on that. Th RPI is jammed...

Unplug, reboot...after about 10 hours working hard on that, all is fine now !!!

briank1179

Mon May 28, 2018 10:29 pm

I'm trying to install RPi Cam Web Interface on a Pi Zero. When I run "./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh" I get the following;
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package dialogue is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.
E: Package 'dialogue' has no installation candidate
Unknown
File /etc/rc.local Exist.
File /etc/passwd Exist.
And then I'm back to the "$" prompt. I've followed the instructions per the making sure to run "chmod u+x *.sh" before the installer.
Is there something I'm missing?
Any guidance on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Brian

atccodex

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Hello!

I am trying to add certain buttons to be visible for the Medium level permission. I changed the config file to always return the Medium level permission but I need access to a few more buttons than what show up. How do you change which buttons show up based on the user level? Thanks!

btidey

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:57 pm

atccodex wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 pm
Hello!

I am trying to add certain buttons to be visible for the Medium level permission. I changed the config file to always return the Medium level permission but I need access to a few more buttons than what show up. How do you change which buttons show up based on the user level? Thanks!
The three permission levels provide access to 3 levels of control (e.g. low = no control, medium = basic control of controlling captures, and high = full control).

If you want to change this then the index.php would need to be changed.

Each button calls the function getDisplayStyle with a 'group' currently 'actions' or 'settings'. This is then used to determine whether the button shows up or not. the 'actions' group is enabled by middle, the 'settings' group is enabled by high.

To change then there are a number of possibilities.

One could allocate a button currently in the 'settings' group to be in 'actions'

One could introduce another group and support it in getDisplayStyle.

One could introduce an extra permissions level (in config.php) and support that in getDisplayStyle. Currently there is the 3 levels but given numeric values 0,3,6 so one can introduce extra ones fairly easily.

btidey

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:59 pm

briank1179 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:29 pm
I'm trying to install RPi Cam Web Interface on a Pi Zero. When I run "./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh" I get the following;
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package dialogue is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.
E: Package 'dialogue' has no installation candidate
Unknown
File /etc/rc.local Exist.
File /etc/passwd Exist.
And then I'm back to the "$" prompt. I've followed the instructions per the making sure to run "chmod u+x *.sh" before the installer.
Is there something I'm missing?
Any guidance on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Brian
Failure to get the dialog package indicates a temporary failure to retrieve this from the Raspberry repositories. It will normally resolve itself if tried later.

clintonlucas

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello

I have a new Pi Zero running Stretch Lite. I have followed the instructions to set up the RPi Cam Web Interface and it is working fine on my home network.

I am now trying to access it remotely. I have set up port forwarding etc an when I enter the ip:port/htm; on my phone (with wifi switched off) i get the login and password box fine then I get this:

I would really appreciate some help as I dont really know where to start. Is there a log file?

Thanks
Clinton

PhatFil

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 pm

hi Clinton, Cant offer detailed instructions, but would suggest you attempt other forms of coms to the pi from remote destinations as well such as ssh and or vnc connections to terminal or gui interfaces or any other web, server or other services your offering such as nodered or mqtt perhaps?

an ability to coomunicate via one or more alternative protocols or lack of it could and any error messages produced could shed further light.

as is your msg indicates that raspimjpeg is an expected service so a systemctrl command to query that service status may be useful?

sudo systemctl status RasPiMJPEG
(copy name caps n lowercase from the message..)

CharlyDelta

How can I do it ?

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello..

is it possible to move -or copy- the '' shutdown system'' button on the line as below??

btidey

Re: How can I do it ?

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 pm

CharlyDelta wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:52 pm
Hello..

is it possible to move -or copy- the '' shutdown system'' button on the line as below??

You would need to edit the index.php file for that. You would just need to cut the line containing input id="shutdown_button" which is near the bottom of the file and paste it where you want it to appear.

Easiest would be to put it after the after the line containing input id="halt_button" which would put it after the stop camera button.

If you want it on the same line as the user buttons then you need to either put in the user_buttons function or to move the </div> that is in the user_buttons function and put it after the re-positioned shutdown button line.

btidey

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:13 pm

clintonlucas wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm
Hello

I have a new Pi Zero running Stretch Lite. I have followed the instructions to set up the RPi Cam Web Interface and it is working fine on my home network.

I am now trying to access it remotely. I have set up port forwarding etc an when I enter the ip:port/htm; on my phone (with wifi switched off) i get the login and password box fine then I get this:

I would really appreciate some help as I dont really know where to start. Is there a log file?

Thanks
Clinton
There is a log file which is accessed via the scheduler settings page.

That error would normally indicate the raspimjpeg process has crashed. Check that your local access is still working OK particularly if you have just enabled the user / password mechanism. If not then reboot, recheck local access and then try the remote access again.

CharlyDelta

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:57 pm

ou would need to edit the index.php file for that. You would just need to cut the line containing input id="shutdown_button" which is near the bottom of the file and paste it where you want it to appear.

Easiest would be to put it after the after the line containing input id="halt_button" which would put it after the stop camera button.

If you want it on the same line as the user buttons then you need to either put in the user_buttons function or to move the </div> that is in the user_buttons function and put it after the re-positioned shutdown button line.
Thank you, btidy, Thanks, it's working fine.
Is it easy to remove useless buttons for my project?

btidey

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:24 pm

CharlyDelta wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:57 pm
ou would need to edit the index.php file for that. You would just need to cut the line containing input id="shutdown_button" which is near the bottom of the file and paste it where you want it to appear.

Thank you, btidy, Thanks, it's working fine.
Is it easy to remove useless buttons for my project?
Yes. Same thing. Either delete the line in index.php containing that button call or you could just enclose it in an html comment if you want to restore it.
<!-- button line -->

nickfRPI

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Having trouble... any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I have followed the steps on:
https://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interfac ... structions
However now I get a repeting set of error messages over and over...:

mmal: mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: ENOSPC
sh: 1: /var/www/html/macros/error_hard.sh: Permission denied

.....ect...

I'm running a RPi2 hardline to router, ip reserved for my mac address. with Noir V1 camera module, accessing via putty from my desktop. :roll:

btidey

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:44 am

nickfRPI wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 pm
Having trouble... any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I have followed the steps on:
https://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interfac ... structions
However now I get a repeting set of error messages over and over...:

.....ect...

I'm running a RPi2 hardline to router, ip reserved for my mac address. with Noir V1 camera module, accessing via putty from my desktop. :roll:
The error failed to enable component indicates that the software cannot access the camera module.

This can be for a number of reasons
1) Camera cable, check it is right way round and securely in place at both ends, and press down the tiny ribbon on the module itself

2) Camera support not enabled (sudo raspi-config)

3) Marginal power supply or power cable. Camera takes a bit of extra current. Note that even if the power supply is good a significant voltage drop can occur across a poor USB cable.

You can also use raspistill to check the camera is working.

impartit

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:30 am

spex357 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:45 am
btidey wrote:
spex357 wrote:Hi all
A fresh install of pipan, checked pan & tilt. Installed RPi_Cam. Created pipe and pipan_pipe, rebooted, pan and tilt buttons on show but no action from them. Renamed pipan on to off and back again with no joy.
A fresh install of RPi_Cam, up and running no problem. Installed pipan, checked pan and tilt, created pipan_pipe and Fifo, rebooted, pan and tilt buttons on show but no action. Checked both in developer mode and can see the requests go through from the button press but no action on the pins.
Everything has been on default all the way through, pi2 model b,
pipan integration uses a pipe called FIFO_pipan in the web install folder. It needs to have the permission set up as per the wiki instructions. You should be able to manually test by sending commands into the pipe using echo commands. (servo $pan $tilt) The pan and tilt values are also written to a file called pipan_bak.txt so you should see this being updated with new values.

Thanks for the reply. I knew I'd done my permissions correctly, the odd thing was I had reproduced the problem three if not four times over the weekend, initially on a Pi3 install, which I thought had Servoblaster problems (perhaps not). I left it alone all week, logged in here, read your reply, it was while I was sending echo requests to the pipe, (not something I normally get up to on a Saturday morning), that the lightbulb came on. A quick look in pipan_pipe.py and html was missing out of the address.
Rebooted and all is well.
Did you reslove this issue? Are you using a ServoBlaster Hat on the PI?
I am using a "Sparkfun Pi Servo Hat" and cannot figure out how the pan and tilt button outputs of (servo_up(), servo_down() etc.) are handled by the web interface once pipan_off has been renamed to pipan_on, the pipe FIFO_pantilt has been created and the access permissions changed to 666 . Further pipan.php references the servoblaster installation directory and servo_off is the default !!!
The contents of pipan_bak.txt do not change from the one line entry of 90 100. How do the pan and tilt buttons interact with pantilt.py installed as directed in this URL https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/se ... ilt-camera. Servos buzz and scoping the signal pins of either show a continuos pulse which does NOT change when a pan or tilt button is pressed.

btidey

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:04 am

impartit wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:30 am

Did you reslove this issue? Are you using a ServoBlaster Hat on the PI?
I am using a "Sparkfun Pi Servo Hat" and cannot figure out how the pan and tilt button outputs of (servo_up(), servo_down() etc.) are handled by the web interface once pipan_off has been renamed to pipan_on, the pipe FIFO_pantilt has been created and the access permissions changed to 666 . Further pipan.php references the servoblaster installation directory and servo_off is the default !!!
The contents of pipan_bak.txt do not change from the one line entry of 90 100. How do the pan and tilt buttons interact with pantilt.py installed as directed in this URL https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/se ... ilt-camera. Servos buzz and scoping the signal pins of either show a continuos pulse which does NOT change when a pan or tilt button is pressed.
The pan tilt buttons in the web interface support two types of servo interface; Pi-Pan and servoblaster. The choice is determined by whether a file called pipan_on exists (mode 1) or whether a file called server_on exists (mode 2) with pipan_on taking precedence.

For pi-pan controls the browser does a GET on pipan.php?pan=panvalue&tilt=tiltvalue where panvalue and tiltvalue are maintained at the browser.

For servoblaster the browser does a GET on pipan.php?action=cmd where the cmd signals left,right, up and down and values are calculated at the server.

For pi-pan at the server end the pipan.php writes the pan and tilt values into a pipe called FIFO_pipan which is set up during the pi-pan main installation.

For servoblaster at the server end pipan.php calculates new pan and tilt values based on the button pushed and then sends a command into the SERVO_DATA file which is consumed by the servoblaster process. This file is a json encoded string like 1=value or 0=value where 1 is the x-axis and 0 is the y-axis.

I am not familiar with the Sparkfun servo hat. I would guess that the servoblaster method may be most appropriate for it. You either have to install the servoblaster software and map that onto which pins control the servos on the hat, or find out what the hat software support needs and adjust pipan.php to send that.

Edit: Having had a quick look at the hat I can see it is a I2C peripheral controlling multiple servos. This would defintely need some changes to support. Something like

a) Add a new mode for the browser controlled by a sparkfun_on file.
b) Send a new action when buttons are pushed.
c) Adjust pipan.php to calculate values and send out appropriate command on i2c

Alternatively one could write a python program to check for the SERVO_DATA file that the servoblaster method produces and then to send on the i2c commands itself. That might be the easier method and easier to test as well.

gbond

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Honsolgen wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:30 pm
thanks,
uncomment it in rc.local stopped the exclusive access

I´m testing the PiCam as webcam, because the image quailty is surprisingly very good
http://adr.dyndns.org:81/webcam/raspcam/

so I need raspistill working in a shell script
can you please explain this a bit more!

RDPUser

MP4 Box question

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:09 pm

Normally there is an h264 video file created. To play it smoothly with the right fps it needs an container like mp4 or mkv. For that purpose MP4-Box option is included. However there are some cautions mentioned in the manual. To better understand:

When is MP4 Box executed? After Record video stop? This would mean after stopping recording video there is high load on the SD-Card and perhaps the CPU.
Or is it always running in background? In case of sudden powercut the MP4-Video would exist and would be playable. So it is save using this option default?

Thanks for telling about the MP4-Box option.

Return to “Camera board”