Halvhjearne

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:21 am

Oliver2526 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:52 pm
I use internal motion detection have set the camera buffer in the camera settings to 3000. As described the added amout of time is ~3 sec. So it seems to work....
im not even using motion detection but if i set it to 300 (wich would actually be 300ms) it seems to append ~3sec ... im pretty sure this is an error or bug, but i wonder if its something on my end.
are you using the latest commit?
Oliver2526 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:52 pm
P.S.: i wonder if it makes sense that everybody posts his questions into the same thread. It is a total mess...
welcome to the world of forums ...

btw, i belive your problem is related to the fact that www-data user does not have permission to use gpio, it should work if you add the user to the gpio group and reboot.

ruder

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:32 am

Anyone plz...

btidey sir..!!
ruder wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:17 pm
Hii all,

can we use GoPro 3/4 camera with Auvidea B101 (HDMI to CSI-2 Bridge -15 pin FPC) to get the high resolution? Has anyone tried GoPro?

nospam

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:19 pm

ruder wrote:
Anyone plz...

btidey sir..!!
ruder wrote:
Hii all,

can we use GoPro 3/4 camera with Auvidea B101 (HDMI to CSI-2 Bridge -15 pin FPC) to get the high resolution? Has anyone tried GoPro?
From the Auvidea website
"The HDMI input of the B101 module is connected to the HDMI output of another Raspberry Pi, which operates as video player and outputs an 1080p25 video"

You aren't getting any higher resolution this way

ruder

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:46 pm

ok sir, but will it works to capture images? Because as per Rpi cam Web Interface, CSI cameras are only supported with RPi Cam Web Interface, not the USB one.
Meanwhile, i am looking for a better camera than RPI CAMS to capture images.(Is there any other better camera option ?, Plz share )
nospam wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:19 pm
ruder wrote:
Anyone plz...

btidey sir..!!
ruder wrote:
Hii all,

From the Auvidea website
"The HDMI input of the B101 module is connected to the HDMI output of another Raspberry Pi, which operates as video player and outputs an 1080p25 video"

You aren't getting any higher resolution this way

Oliver2526

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm

Halvhjearne wrote:
im not even using motion detection but if i set it to 300 (wich would actually be 300ms) it seems to append ~3sec ... im pretty sure this is an error or bug, but i wonder if its something on my end.
are you using the latest commit?
I'm using v6.4.14 and I don't have any concerns with the behavior of the video buffer.
Halvhjearne wrote:
welcome to the world of forums ...
Well, one could place different topics in different threads... but ok...
Halvhjearne wrote:
btw, i belive your problem is related to the fact that www-data user does not have permission to use gpio, it should work if you add the user to the gpio group and reboot.
Thanks for the hint, but I even added www-data to ALL existing groups, but still no success. In the meanwhile, I found a work-around: The python script is now running in the background under the user Pi and controls the GPIO independently from the Camera Software.
Last edited by Oliver2526 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oliver2526

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 pm

I have a security question: I have opened the port of the Camera Web Interface in order to get access to the camera from the internet. I have protected the side with a username and password. Is there anything else one could do? What is the maximal damage if a hacker gets access to the camera? Of course he/she had access to my photos and videos, but what about all the other devices in the network? Is it possible to take them over from the web Interface??

Alligator

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:42 pm

I also have a question about password protecting the site. I understand I can set up a password during the configuration, but how would I do this:

index.php (password protected)
min.php (not password protected)

I'd like to give out the min.php page address to others, and I don't want them to be able to change any settings in the software.

nomnomraspbpi

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:23 pm

I realize this question must have already been asked as I would think it would be a fairly common question, but, I could not find it...so sorry.

What settings do I need to change in order for the default motion detect setup to continue to record for X seconds after motion has ended.

For example: (camera in motion detect standby) < (trigger) < (motion detect record) < (motion stop) < (camera continues to record for X seconds) < (camera stop recording and return to motion detect standby)

It seems like currently the motion detect records very short clips if triggered and stops immediately after motion stops. Sometimes the subject being recorded is still/not moving, but I still want to record. For example, if by setting to 60 seconds motion timeout then I would have 60 seconds of recording after motion stops for the subject to move/trigger again before the recording stops.

Oliver2526

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:24 pm

nomnomraspbpi wrote:
What settings do I need to change in order for the default motion detect setup to continue to record for X seconds after motion has ended.
Just increase the value of "Still Frames to stop".

kemisten

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:56 pm

How do i configure the rpi cam to take pictures with 1 sec interwal when motion is detected?

kemisten

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:49 am

Ok so ive been playin around with 2 raspberry pi 3B so most of this is new to me. ive used archlinux on a vmware for a few weeks 5 years ago and thats the experiance i have so please help me with ths someone :mrgreen:
If im not wrong http://192.168.1.5/html/min.php should have to do something with the stream if im not wrong. this has given me headache...

I need help setting up my video stream to word press plugin:"VideoWhisper Live Streaming Settings"
im just confused to config file..
all help i get is very appreciated
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6icv7lmbh89ef ... 7.png?dl=0

wpballa1

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Bob,
I've recently run into a problem where the camera doesn't automatically start after a reboot. If I manually start the camera things work fine, but after a power fail it won't restart without intervention. Things were working fine until an upgrade earlier this year sometime in January. The system did suffer a REAL power failure which is how we discovered the problem.

Interestingly, a second camera system in the same locale works just fine, and I believe all software updates are identical.

Any ideas on where I should look? I've tried both raspimjpeg and md 1 to get things started automatically, but the problem appears to be that the camera isn't starting by itself as it should.

Thanks,
Bill

nomnomraspbpi

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Oliver2526 wrote:
nomnomraspbpi wrote:
Where is this setting located? I can't find anything like that on any of the setting tabs.

Oliver2526

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:14 pm

nomnomraspbpi wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm
Oliver2526 wrote:
Where is this setting located? I can't find anything like that on any of the setting tabs.
It is in the motion detection settings provided that you have changed the motion detection scheme in the camera settings from "External" to "Internal".

James Pannell

Port forwarding

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 am

So I have the interface running on my local network into an Android phone, and I need to be able to access it from outside. I'm guessing port forwarding is the solution but I don't know how to set this up, does anybody know about this? Thanks.

wpballa1

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:34 am

Yes, port forwarding is easy if you have access to the router the camera system goes through to get to the internet.
Log into the router as administrator and figure out the ip address of the raspberry pi in question. Somewhere in the router configuration there will be port forwarding and set up this ip to forward whatever port number you used in setting up the web cam (it is important that these match). On my router it is under Advanced Options, NAT forwarding to find the port forward setup. I allowed both TDP and UDP protocols but probably only one is needed.
Good luck.

wpballa1

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:39 am

Part two is how to get an address from outside since the internet provider can change your address at will. Here I use fapcam1 with port 9880 as an example and the directory chosen in the initial setup is cam1.

At the remote location, login to the internet wireless with another computer. In a browser, go to freedns.afraid.org. Create a free account and then create a Type A subdomain such as fap.chickenkiller.com (there are other free options than chickenkiller.com available if you prefer) Create one more subdomains such as fapcam1.chickenkiller.com, also Type A. There is a maximum of 5 for free. This next step is the critical one to getting access from outside the local network. From the Subdomains page in FreeDNS, click on the fapcam1 entry and then click on Forward to a URL and redirect to the address
http://fap.chickenkiller.com:9880/cam1 (for instance)

The initial fap.chickenkiller.com is essentially the modem, and we will redirect the ports to the different ZeroWs.

Next go to the dynamic DNS section https://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/index.php. The last line at the bottom has a link to a quick cron example on the bottom right. Click on that and then copy the last line (probably looks like two lines). Then

$ sudo crontab -e

and paste that line in the bottom of the crontab file. Save and exit. This code will continually update the variable IP address your Internet provider gives you making fap.chickenkiller.com robust to random changes in the IP address.

ohiojoe

Re: Port forwarding

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:30 am

James Pannell wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 am
So I have the interface running on my local network into an Android phone, and I need to be able to access it from outside. I'm guessing port forwarding is the solution but I don't know how to set this up, does anybody know about this? Thanks.
I use https://www.remot3.it/web/index.html.
It's free for personal use. No port forwarding. Just follow their guide for Raspberry Pi.

I can connect to any of my 3 RPi cameras that are in the Philippines over the internet. You can also set up SSH for each Pi.

We only have a max of 3 Mbps download speed there. I configured some software to automatically email me and upload the pictures to my Dropbox account. I'm still testing, but seems to work OK.

James Pannell

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Thanks guys trying these out now :lol:

Alligator

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Can someone tell me how I can capture an image every minute so I can use FTP to send the photo to a remote location? I don't want video, and I don't want separate file names. An image with the same name should be captured every 60 seconds. Is this done with AutoCapture_Interval? How do I get it to name it the same file name?

SolarPiCam

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 pm

I'd just like to thank everyone who makes this package possible. I've been running it on my Pi Zero, which has a Pi Noir pointed inside my rabbit's outdoor hutch. The camera automatially records at night, simultaneously illuminating the Bright Pi infrared LEDs. I've got a live feed on my local network, and it also uploads one image to Google driver per minute, for remote check-ups. It's been running without a problem for 5+ weeks!

Thanks!

AhmadWahid

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:06 am

Hello everyone , i'm new in this forum , and i just started with raspberry Cam web interface , i have download and install this software ini my raspberry Pi 3 , i have question , how did camera shown on HTML page , and how to Made button there , and how to make download link , to new video that we already record, ia there anyone can help me , i want to make same projects'e but , but i don't know where to start it

kemisten

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:38 am

Alligator wrote:
Can someone tell me how I can capture an image every minute so I can use FTP to send the photo to a remote location? I don't want video, and I don't want separate file names. An image with the same name should be captured every 60 seconds. Is this done with AutoCapture_Interval? How do I get it to name it the same file name?
Maby it can be done with timelaps iterval(it ttakkes x pictures each secund.im a noob so thats just a guess. but try 0.001 or something dont know if 0.0 work as value

Alligator

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:56 pm

I thought about that, but I don't think that will overwrite the file name each time. I think it names them sequentially.

SolarPiCam

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Alligator wrote:
Alligator just PMed me with a similar question. I'll leave my answer below in case anyone has the same problem.

On my setup (RPiCam v6.3.13), a .jpg that is constantly refreshed can be found here: /dev/shm/mjpeg/cam.jpg. The image is exactly the same as what the video output is, and I think the frequency of updates is set to your framerate.

I'm simply running a cron job every minute, which in turn, executes a bash file.

Code: Select all

* * * * * pi /home/pi/img.sh
The bash script simply takes the latest image from that location and uploads it to Google Drive (which doesn't seem to care about identical file names).

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
gdrive upload -p <my unique key> /dev/shm/mjpeg/cam.jpg
You can find information on how to upload to Google Drive from the command line, here.

Return to “Camera board”