Mettauk

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm

user879 wrote:Amazing web interface! Good work! I have been installing the web interface and pipan but am unable to make pipan work, I followed jarrah31's instructions (below) but still nothing.

I installed pilight but

Code: Select all

python /home/pi/pi-pan/pipan_pipe.py &
runs with this error:

File "/home/pi/pi-pan/pipan_pipe.py", line 9, in <module>
    p_led = pilight.PILIGHT()
  File "/home/pi/pi-pan/pilight.py", line 61, in __init__
    OpenElectrons_i2c.__init__(self, pilight_address >> 1)
  File "/home/pi/pi-pan/OpenElectrons_i2c.py", line54, __init__
IOError:  [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Any ideas?
Thanks
Have exactly the same problem.

Had it working perfectly a few weeks ago on a A board. Then did some of the updates and bang, not working. Tried a fresh install to a new card, added everything inc updates and pipan/pilight & it just wont work, i get exactly the same arrors as above.

PiPan works via command line!

I'm guessing but suspect it might be a permisions issue?
As humans we have been the same for a very very long time, technology changes how we do... not who we are as people.

ArhPos

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:09 pm

BluRazPi wrote:Hi, I Just got my RPi Camera module yesterday and set up your web interface and I absolutely love it!!!
I have a question, how hard would it be to link the interface page to a domain name or something so I could access it from anywhere in the world? And also, how would I go about doing this if it is possible? :)

Thanks,
BluRazPi
Take a look about router port forwarding and service like http://www.noip.com/
Note, that this doesn't work if you have a mobile broadband.

All types of internet connections: https://pagekite.net/ it's an awesome piece of code. We're using it to check zoneminder setup via mobile broadband.

GiddyRaccoon

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:17 am

after doing step 5 I put the ip into the url bar and it said 'This webpage is not avaliable' so I started the stream with

./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh start
but this returned

mmal: mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: ENOSPC
Error: could not enable camera
before I did this I enabled the camera.

I am not sure what to do.

GiddyRaccoon

Mettauk

Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:07 am

GiddyRaccoon wrote:after doing step 5 I put the ip into the url bar and it said 'This webpage is not avaliable' so I started the stream with...

GiddyRaccoon
First check the camera works without using Rpi.
Run

sudo killall raspimjpeg
Then

raspstill -o testpic.jpg
If you get a picture then your install of Rpi is wrong, try removal and reinstalling it
As humans we have been the same for a very very long time, technology changes how we do... not who we are as people.

harlock74

Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:21 am

Hi silvanmelchior,

Many thanks for this great update. I do love the new interface :D

I hope someone can help me out with the following issue.

After deleting videos and photos through the web interface, I am no longer able to save any videos at all by clicking on the motion detection start button. Indeed when I click on "Download Videos and Images" I get the message "No videos/images saved".

Many thanks in advance for any kind hints/suggestions. :mrgreen:

GiddyRaccoon

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:03 pm

I have installed RPi Cam Web Interface and started it with no errors but when I put the URL in the bar it says this webpage is not available. I am using Google Chrome and just putting the IP into the box.

Not sure what to do

GiddyRaccoon :geek:
GiddyRaccoon

Gary Littlemore

Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:05 pm

What size memory card should be needed to install the cam interface? Reason I'm asking is that I'm using a 4GB card and during the interface install I was getting errors about the card being full and it wouldn't stream the camera or anything after a reboot.
3b+, 2b, b+, b, Zero & Zero-W

byterg

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:02 am

Hello!
Based on RaspiMJPEG.c I try add resize modules to my application.
Unfortunately mmal can't link vc.ril.camera and vc.ril.resize:

mmal: mmal_vc_port_info_set: failed to set port info (2:0): ENOSYS
mmal: mmal_vc_port_set_format: mmal_vc_port_info_set failed 0x147630 (ENOSYS)
mmal: mmal_connection_create: format not set on input port
mmal: mmal_connection_destroy_internal: connection vc.ril.camera:out:0/vc.ril.resize:in:0 could not be cleared
camerad: Failed create connection between vc.ril.camera:out:0(OPQV) and vc.ril.resize:in:0(OPQV), status 4 (ENOSYS)
  • Software versions:
  • linux c157458351071104eaa8afa7313f2f26afb499da
  • firmware 4a66b501473024c143c8c34fb670e009b6a8b8ff
  • sdk 3b81b91c18ff19f97033e146a9f3262ca631f0e9
  • tool b9d7a8ac626e377577aa6900da5c5a965cafb66c
How can I solve this problem?
THank you and excuse my bad english.

punacmc

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:23 am

Does anyone know how to take good nightime video? I guess the preview allows longer exposure time for pictures, but the video is really dark. Is it possible to record slower frame rates for longer exposure time? Or is there a way to take full res pictures with longer exposure? I want to leave motion detection on and get one or the other at night.

user879

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:22 am

You could use a PI NOIR camera, but if you want to go from day to night you will probably need a light source. You could hook up a heat sensor, but that is extra work. :)
Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

RoddyJoff

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello,

I'd like to add my thanks to Sylvan for a great utility.

I have read all 47 pages in an attempt to solve my problem without success but this is not a criticism merely an observation.

Most of the queries relate to video quality/capture et al but my problem is with the pi-pan control. I am one step up from novice as a Linux user but have good experience with programming, including C and, for those as old as I am, Pascal :-)

My problem is, despite performing all the tests and updates to my raspberry, the web/iphone interfaces fail to operate the pi-pan tilt and pan operations.

I have tried both the web interface commands and the command line commands without success.

I suspect it is my lack of Linux knowledge but am at a loss to solve it. I am going round in circles and becoming quite manic!!

Is there anyone out there able to help please. If you live nearby I'll buy you beers!

Many thanks,

Roddy.
------------------------------------
The best things in life are free.

Gary Littlemore

Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Roddy, I've not got a PiPan myself but I'm sure I've read that you have to also install the PiLight to get IT to work even if you've not got it attached. If you're already done that I can't help any further sorry.
3b+, 2b, b+, b, Zero & Zero-W

jbeale

Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:56 pm

punacmc wrote:Does anyone know how to take good nightime video? I guess the preview allows longer exposure time for pictures, but the video is really dark. Is it possible to record slower frame rates for longer exposure time? Or is there a way to take full res pictures with longer exposure? I want to leave motion detection on and get one or the other at night.
It is my experience that the R-Pi camera is simply not the right tool for the job, if you want motion detection at night. You can use "night" exposure mode in the RPi Cam Web Interface, but I found any motion recorded is so blurry as to be of little use. Also, due to exposure changes with still/video mode shifting after ending video record mode, it tends to false-detect motion repeatedly so night mode becomes unusable.

If you can provide your own illumination (possibly with an IR illuminator if you use the Pi-NoIR camera) then you might be in better shape, I haven't tried that. In my experience, the commercial IP cameras marketed for nighttime use are a better choice for that application; you want a large-ish sensor and a fast lens. If the camera costs less than $100 it probably won't perform well at night, anyway that's my experience.

punacmc

Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:14 am

jbeale wrote:
punacmc wrote:Does anyone know how to take good nightime video? I guess the preview allows longer exposure time for pictures, but the video is really dark. Is it possible to record slower frame rates for longer exposure time? Or is there a way to take full res pictures with longer exposure? I want to leave motion detection on and get one or the other at night.
It is my experience that the R-Pi camera is simply not the right tool for the job, if you want motion detection at night. You can use "night" exposure mode in the RPi Cam Web Interface, but I found any motion recorded is so blurry as to be of little use. Also, due to exposure changes with still/video mode shifting after ending video record mode, it tends to false-detect motion repeatedly so night mode becomes unusable.

If you can provide your own illumination (possibly with an IR illuminator if you use the Pi-NoIR camera) then you might be in better shape, I haven't tried that. In my experience, the commercial IP cameras marketed for nighttime use are a better choice for that application; you want a large-ish sensor and a fast lens. If the camera costs less than $100 it probably won't perform well at night, anyway that's my experience.
Well I had this long response, but I was logged out....so now for the short version.

There are way smarter folks who understand programing beyond what I can comprehend, so I sometimes ask questions that may be asking too much from the Pi and Cam. However through testing I have found a solution that works for me. Motion detection during the day is great, and the video is perfect. In low light, I do use the night exposure which works well. I have found that changing the FPS to 2-5 and matching the encoding, produces video that is sufficient for identification. If I need a still image, it can be extracted from the video stream. I also have found that there is a balancing act in the motion.conf settings that keep the motion detection from giving false detection. Every location I place a camera ends up with slightly different settings, however I have reduced my false detection alert emails by ~99%. My solution doesn't work in complete darkness, but a few low light exterior lights work well enough for the PiCam. I could use the IR cam, but I am not a fan of the resulting video. I guess I should say, my main goal is to be able to have full resolution video or images that can be examined with forensic software. Though to have any real success, one needs lots of resolution...

RoddyJoff

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:46 am

Gary Littlemore wrote:Roddy, I've not got a PiPan myself but I'm sure I've read that you have to also install the PiLight to get IT to work even if you've not got it attached. If you're already done that I can't help any further sorry.
Many thanks Gary. I do have there pi-light bits of software installed.

This thread is extremely long and seems to focus on capturing video and the quality of it in different light levels.

I haven't found a definitive answer to the few questions regarding the pan/tilt capabilities, maybe I should start a new topic.

My problem is I don't fully understand the workings of Linux yet but I do understand programming, I just need to learn more. However being an impatient character I always jump in and blindly install packages and expect them to work :-)

With regard to the pan/tilt options I will now have to follow the code through to see what each element is trying to perform in the hope I will discover my problem.

There is another user in this topic who has the same issues so if I am successful I will post my solution here.

I also have the 'weewx' weather station software running using a WH1081 hardware setup and although that works flawlessly I still need to understand its code to be able to change the live radar image from Oregon to Flixton here in the UK!

Nevertheless I'll never tire of playing, I think the RPi is a great unit, only surpassed by Apple Macs, oh, and a nice cool beer!

Cheers.

RoddyJoff

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 am

Gary Littlemore wrote:Roddy, I've not got a PiPan myself but I'm sure I've read that you have to also install the PiLight to get IT to work even if you've not got it attached. If you're already done that I can't help any further sorry.
PS: Forgot to ask if your pi-pan pan and tilt options work?

I am able to make the camera move using the utilities supplied =with the pi-pan

python demo-pi-pan.py

but not if I use

echo 'servo 150 150' > /var/www/FIFO_pipan

I have changed the ownership of

sudo chown www-data:www-data FIFO_pipan (it was root) before.

Are you able to explain on one line how the commands to move the camera are sent using the 'pipe' command. I will look it up as well.

Kind regards.

RoddyJoff

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:34 am

RoddyJoff wrote:
PS: Forgot to ask if your pi-pan pan and tilt options work?

I am able to make the camera move using the utilities supplied =with the pi-pan

python demo-pi-pan.py

but not if I use

echo 'servo 150 150' > /var/www/FIFO_pipan

I have changed the ownership of

sudo chown www-data:www-data FIFO_pipan (it was root) before.

Are you able to explain on one line how the commands to move the camera are sent using the 'pipe' command. I will look it up as well.

Kind regards.

=========

Apologies Gary, just re-read your msg and realise you don't have a pi-pan ;-)

R.

harlock74

Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:14 pm

harlock74 wrote:Hi silvanmelchior,

Many thanks for this great update. I do love the new interface :D

I hope someone can help me out with the following issue.

After deleting videos and photos through the web interface, I am no longer able to save any videos at all by clicking on the motion detection start button. Indeed when I click on "Download Videos and Images" I get the message "No videos/images saved".

Many thanks in advance for any kind hints/suggestions. :mrgreen:
Hi,

I am still struggling with this issue. I have tried to re-install everything from scratch but still no luck. After deleting the videos created by motion, then no more video are saved.

Any help would be very much appreciated! :D

Thanks.

spikedrba

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:30 pm

punacmc wrote:I have found that changing the FPS to 2-5 and matching the encoding, produces video that is sufficient for identification. If I need a still image, it can be extracted from the video stream
how do you manage any good identification with such a few fps? I guess I have a very similar goal and gone the opposite direction, trying to crank up fps/shutter speed (mostly latter) to avoid lots of blurry images. At even 5fps if the subject moves anywhere fast across the frame it's game over. Equally with a low shutter speed,which you need to compensate for the lack of light, images become really blurry/unusable for me.

I have a pinoir sitting mounted on a custom case and I've been testing it with an LED array and the results are really good, if anything I had to tone the array down as some images were basically washed out. I don't care for colors (not useful for identification) so I'm not bothering with a IR cut filter for the day and it's actually not as bad as some pics show once you plug in an additional lens and more light gets through (4mm lens with m12 mount).

I've yet to deploy it and look into false positives over the course of a day tho with light changes, hopefully tweaking motion will give good results like in your case. I'm also still trying to figure out streaming with a custom picamera based lib, there's a lot more smarts that could be implemented in code with a cheap light sensor on the gpio, but raspmjpeg.c is too much for me, need python (performances seem to be ok so far for me, higher than raspimjpeg but more than acceptable).

Also regarding @jbeale comment:
jbeale wrote:Also, due to exposure changes with still/video mode shifting after ending video record mode, it tends to false-detect motion repeatedly so night mode becomes unusable.
from the picamera doc I've learned that there's different ports on the picam, one for the still and one for video (plus another for preview), but you can take stills using the video port. This prevents the mode change, which means there's no frame loss and still/video mode shifting. The downside is that pictures are grainier since the still port applies a bunch of filters, but I'm not fussed by that.

Spike

sparky3489

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Awesome stuff!!!

Though I'm having a bit of trouble with some files and I hope someone can provide some help.

I have set up a samba shared folder on a USB thumb drive because my SD card is only 4 Gb and it fills really quickly recording any video. The shared USB folder is in /media/USB/shares

I've managed to get my recordings to save to the thumb drive , I can see them on the preview page and their sizes, I can click on a recording and the little player comes up but it won't play the video (just a black video). The play button grays out as soon as I hover over it. It's the same with pictures, they're not being displayed.

What path entry am I missing?

Thanks in advance!!!

w00tguy

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:17 am

Has anyone been able to get 60 fps in the preview?

It seems capped at about 20-30 fps until I start recording. In the config file it says this:

#
# fps_preview = video_fps (below) / divider
#
I have video_fps set to 60 and divider set to 1.

jui

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:58 pm

Please help... I used exactly the described installation - but I always get the following message when raspimjpeg tries to start:
'Error: Could not set annotation'
The Webpage also shows this error message.
I did the installation 3 times always with the same result. I am using a Raspberry Pi B+ with 3.12.26-rpi-aufs installed via berryboot.
The config.txt file contains:
start_x=1
gpu_mem=128

Btw raspistill -o xx.jpg provides a picture.. What can be the problem? Please help, I would really appreciate.
Thanks, Jui
Attachments
web.png
web.png (29.73 KiB) Viewed 3953 times

harlock74

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi,

I have noticed that in the latest update the file clean.php is not in the /var/www anymore.

Can someone please let me know where it is located?

Many thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

rahlquist

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:08 pm

I have to say, this works beautifully on the Pi2. With motion running it puts a 12% ding in 2 cores when not recording. When recording, its not much more, right around 15% for both threads. The Raspimjpeg binary takes about 5% while recording.

The Pi2 is the perfect platform for this app now!

user879

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:57 pm

RoddyJoff wrote:
Many thanks Gary. I do have there pi-light bits of software installed.

This thread is extremely long and seems to focus on capturing video and the quality of it in different light levels.

I haven't found a definitive answer to the few questions regarding the pan/tilt capabilities, maybe I should start a new topic.

My problem is I don't fully understand the workings of Linux yet but I do understand programming, I just need to learn more. However being an impatient character I always jump in and blindly install packages and expect them to work :-)

With regard to the pan/tilt options I will now have to follow the code through to see what each element is trying to perform in the hope I will discover my problem.

There is another user in this topic who has the same issues so if I am successful I will post my solution here.

I also have the 'weewx' weather station software running using a WH1081 hardware setup and although that works flawlessly I still need to understand its code to be able to change the live radar image from Oregon to Flixton here in the UK!

Nevertheless I'll never tire of playing, I think the RPi is a great unit, only surpassed by Apple Macs, oh, and a nice cool beer!

Cheers.
You could check the permissions as given by Jarrah31 here, about 60% of the way down the page. http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... &start=625 His pi-pan works with the interface. I have a pi-pan but am having trouble getting it to work with the web interface; if you find anything please post your solution.
Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

Return to “Camera board”