PapaPoncho

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:08 pm

btidey wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am
Mai wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:07 pm
Why is there no sound? I have a usb mic and there doesn't even seem to be any mention of sound in the wiki pages!
There is no direct method for incorporating a sound stream into the h264 recordings that the MMAL camera interface provides.

Some users have added sound by kicking off a separate sound recording and then incorporating it into the .mp4 recordings during the MP4Box operation. The macros and Mp4 command line configuration provide hooks to allow this to be done. However, there is a significant problem in getting video and sound in sync. It is possible to reasonable (but not perfect sync) by avoiding use of the pre-capture video buffer.

If anybody wants to integrate this further then please look at the source code and make any changes necessary.
Is there any resources anywhere that would explain how to set this up?

I had a baby monitor setup in place using RPI Cam Web Interface, and wanted to add sound to that through a USB microphone. I am currently streaming through Picam (https://github.com/iizukanao/picam) but the 3 seconds lag is a bit much for me. I enjoy the control and functionalities brought by the RPI Cam Web Interface and I'd rather like to find a way to add sound streaming to that, hopefully with a lot less lag.

rjbailey95066

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface -- Split off a stream to send to YouTube?

Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:02 pm

I'm crazy about this software that I've been using for a few years now to live stream from inside a birdhouse. But I'd also like to split the stream somehow so I can see the *same* live video through the RPi Cam Web Interface as before (capturing video and still images, etc.), but also pipe/tee the video stream to YouTube via ffmpeg for the general public (done through a raspivid... | ffmpeg... script). So far I can do only one or the other but not both, since they both compete for the camera. Any help or pointers appreciated.

ras07

Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:50 am

rjbailey95066 wrote:
I'd also like to split the stream somehow so I can see the *same* live video through the RPi Cam Web Interface as before (capturing video and still images, etc.), but also pipe/tee the video stream to YouTube
I'd like to be able to do this too. From some preliminary research it seems to me that one possible approach is not to tee the stream, but rather to have something listen to the existing stream and then "re-stream" it (and possibly transcode it to a lower resolution and/or framerate). It looks like VLC ought to be able to do this. I didn't spend a lot of time with this but I've taken a quick stab at it; haven't gotten it to work quite yet. I'm assuming (but don't know for sure) that VLC is a bit heavyweight for a Raspberry Pi, so for the moment I'm trying to do it with a second (desktop x86) computer.

If you want to give it a whirl, google "VLC restreaming" and see what you can find out. If you hit on the magic combination, post your results here!

rjbailey95066

Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:32 pm

ras07 wrote:
rjbailey95066 wrote:
I'd also like to split the stream somehow so I can see the *same* live video through the RPi Cam Web Interface as before (capturing video and still images, etc.), but also pipe/tee the video stream to YouTube
... It looks like VLC ought to be able to do this....
I think you're on to something. A command like

Code: Select all

cvlc /var/www/cam_pic_new.php --sout '...'
might be a way to do it. I have to experiment more with the cvlc sout arguments, but it's worth a try.

ras07

Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:57 pm

rjbailey95066 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:32 pm
ras07 wrote:
rjbailey95066 wrote:
... It looks like VLC ought to be able to do this....
I think you're on to something. A command like

cvlc /var/www/cam_pic_new.php --sout '...'
might be a way to do it. I have to experiment more with the cvlc sout arguments, but it's worth a try.
Great! Keep us posted on your results. I can see a lot of application for this, and it would certainly be more secure than opening up the RPi-WPI interface to the world (which it was never designed to do, but people repeatedly ask how to do it).

I hope to find time soon to play with this as well (lots of time at home for a lot of people right now :( ) but it won't be for a while yet.

rjbailey95066

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:12 pm

ras07 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:57 pm
Great! Keep us posted on your results. I can see a lot of application for this, and it would certainly be more secure than opening up the RPi-WPI interface to the world (which it was never designed to do, but people repeatedly ask how to do it).

I hope to find time soon to play with this as well (lots of time at home for a lot of people right now :( ) but it won't be for a while yet.
From https://blog.vucica.net/2015/08/streami ... fmpeg.html there's the idea that a command string like this will work:

cvlc http://localhost/cam_pic_new.php --sout '#transcode{vcodec=FLV1,acodec=none}:std{access=rtmp,mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/********}'
I get the following errors, and the stream apparently doesn't make it to YouTube:

VLC media player 3.0.8 Vetinari (revision 3.0.8-0-gf350b6b5a7)
xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
[014682b0] vlcpulse audio output error: PulseAudio server connection failure: Connection refused
[01469200] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[013ecb58] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
[01469200] dummy interface: using the dummy interface module...
[b39007a0] mmal_codec generic: VCSM init succeeded: Legacy
Gotta leave it there for a while.

rjbailey95066

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:18 pm

And this is where I have hit a hard stop: how do I structure the cvlc command to transcode the camera's preview stream into a format appropriate for YouTube? I'm nowhere near enough the expert.

cvlc http://localhost/cam_pic_new.php --sout '#trancode{?????}:std{?????,dst=rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/<mystreamID>}"

Full documentation found at https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation ... mand_Line/ surely contains the answers for those savvy enough to understand it.

ras07

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:23 pm

rjbailey95066 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:18 pm
And this is where I have hit a hard stop: how do I structure the cvlc command to transcode the camera's preview stream into a format appropriate for YouTube? I'm nowhere near enough the expert.

cvlc http://localhost/cam_pic_new.php --sout '#trancode{?????}:std{?????,dst=rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/<mystreamID>}"

Full documentation found at https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation ... mand_Line/ surely contains the answers for those savvy enough to understand it.
Lots of moving parts here ... seems like a good intermediate step would be to just output a stream that you could view in a browser pointed directly at VLC. (I haven't gotten this to work yet either.)

rjbailey95066

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:32 am

ras07 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:23 pm
Lots of moving parts here ... seems like a good intermediate step would be to just output a stream that you could view in a browser pointed directly at VLC. (I haven't gotten this to work yet either.)
You're right, but I pounded away at this again for a couple of hours with no success. I can't even get the VLC GUI on my Mac to do this. Somebody more experienced with VLC and the RPi will have to crack this. As it is, I can't tell which cvlc error messages are meaningful, because NOTHING points me to a solution. And as for restreaming to YouTube, I can't find a useful link for that. Plenty of links for how to stream FROM YouTube, but not the other way.

CharlyDelta

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface SERVO

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:44 pm

Someone in the group is using the interface to use Pan Tilt?

The only problem I'm having is that the movements are only executed over about ten degrees by clicking on the arrows in the interface.

On the other hand, if I order directly like for example this: http://192.168.2.159/pipan.php?pan=130&tilt=130 everything works fine. I searched... without finding where I can change parameters.

Some possible solutions ?

ras07

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface SERVO

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:39 am

CharlyDelta wrote:

The only problem I'm having is that the movements are only executed over about ten degrees by clicking on the arrows in the interface.

On the other hand, if I order directly like for example this: http://192.168.2.159/pipan.php?pan=130&tilt=130 everything works fine. I searched... without finding where I can change parameters.

I don't have a tiltable setup so I can't test it, but take a look at the file pipan.js in the js directory. Here's the servo_left function (starting at line 53 in the current pipan.js file):

function servo_left () {
  if(pan <= 190) pan += 10;
  cmd = "left";
  ajax_pipan_start();
  document.getElementById("arrowLeft").style.borderRight="40px solid red";
  window.setTimeout(clear_arrow_left, 100)
}
That second line clips the pan variable at 190. I'm not sure what the unit is (steps on the stepper motor, perhaps?) but if you play with that number (190) you might have some luck. The other directional functions are similarly clipped; you'll need to play with those numbers as well.

The UI is calling js/pipan.js which in turn writes to the FIFO queue, whereas pipan.php writes to the FIFO queue directly. pipan.php clips the movement as well, but the values are different (see XMax, YMin, etc. in the $servoData array in pipan.php).

Back up your files, of course. You'll probably have to restart apache with

sudo systemctl restart apache2
and then reload your browser to make your changes effective.

Let us know how it goes!

CharlyDelta

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:54 am

ras07 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:39 am
CharlyDelta wrote:

I don't have a tiltable setup so I can't test it, but take a look at the file pipan.js in the js directory. Here's the servo_left function (starting at line 53 in the current pipan.js file):

function servo_left () {
  if(pan <= 190) pan += 10;
  cmd = "left";
  ajax_pipan_start();
  document.getElementById("arrowLeft").style.borderRight="40px solid red";
  window.setTimeout(clear_arrow_left, 100)
}
That second line clips the pan variable at 190. I'm not sure what the unit is (steps on the stepper motor, perhaps?) but if you play with that number (190) you might have some luck. The other directional functions are similarly clipped; you'll need to play with those numbers as well.

The UI is calling js/pipan.js which in turn writes to the FIFO queue, whereas pipan.php writes to the FIFO queue directly. pipan.php clips the movement as well, but the values are different (see XMax, YMin, etc. in the $servoData array in pipan.php).

Back up your files, of course. You'll probably have to restart apache with

sudo systemctl restart apache2
and then reload your browser to make your changes effective.

Let us know how it goes!
Yes, it works by changing the parameters... but only on the command line as I said in my first post. Unfortunately, in web interface mode, no result. I keep digging for ideas
Thanks for taking the time to inform me.

ras07

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:34 am

CharlyDelta wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:54 am
Yes, it works by changing the parameters... but only on the command line as I said in my first post. Unfortunately, in web interface mode, no result. I keep digging for ideas
Thanks for taking the time to inform me.
I didn't mean change the parameters, i meant edit the pipan.js file. My guess is you need to edit those hard-coded clip values.

CharlyDelta

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:23 pm

I didn't mean change the parameters, i meant edit the pipan.js file. My guess is you need to edit those hard-coded clip values.
Everything checked, changed values in several places without any change in the servo movement. Still only a few degrees of beat.
Deleted, reinstalled... copied... nothing to do. However, I have several pan-tilt scripts that work very well. Servoblaster too. Everything works fine except when I click on the arrows in the interface.
Any other ideas?

pi@ROmBOT2:/var/www $ dir
cam_get.php FIFO media preview.php updating.jpg
cam_pic_new.php FIFO1 min.php raspimjpeg uPresetsN-IMX219.html
cam_pic.php FIFO11 motion.php scheduleLog.txt uPresetsN-OV5647.html
cmd_func.php FIFO_pipan multiview.html schedule.php uPresetsP-IMX219.html
cmd_pipe.php fonts multiview.jsonD servo_offold uPresetsP-OV5647.html
config.php html multiview.php servo_on uPresetsv2.html
convertCmd.txt image.png pilight_off status_mjpeg.php userbuttons
Copyright.txt index.php pipan_bak.txt status_mjpeg.txt userbuttonsD
css js pipan_on timelapse.png userLevelExample
delete.png loading.jpg pipan.php uconfig video.png
diskUsage.txt macros pipan_pipe.py unavailable.jpg

CharlyDelta

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface SERVO SOLVED

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 pm

CharlyDelta wrote:

Recived this HAT:

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/pan- ... 3704345034

Found this information: (look at the middle of the page)

https://forums.pimoroni.com/t/rpi3-came ... ac/3263/13

And the result:

https://youtu.be/TmuLe_fIHMA

Next step is to get everything back on my ROmBOT:

CharlyDelta

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface USERBUTTONS

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:17 pm

Hello..
Adding buttons is nothing complicated because I've done it on several projects in the past. However, here, it doesn't want to work.
The idea is to add two buttons Light ON and Light OFF. So far, so good, then set them up by creating .sh files that will be in the MACROS directory. No problem it's done... and the script of these .sh files is a command to turn the lights on and off. It works if I do the command sudo ./lighton.sh and sudo ./lightoff.sh. But not if I click the buttons.

USERBUTTONS:

User buttons definitions
#maximum of six buttons
#button name,macro,button styles,other attributes
Light ON,lighton.sh,btn btn-danger btn-lg,style="width:15%"
Light OFF,lightoff.sh,btn btn-success btn-lg,style="width:15%"
#Success Button,button3.sh,btn btn-success btn-lg,style="width:50%"
lightoff.py:

import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
import time

channel = 5

GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM)
GPIO.setup(channel, GPIO.OUT)

def motor_on(pin):
    GPIO.output(pin, GPIO.HIGH)

def motor_off(pin):
    GPIO.output(pin, GPIO.LOW)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    try:
        motor_on(channel)
        time.sleep(.5)
        motor_off(channel)
        time.sleep(.5)
        GPIO.cleanup()
    except KeyboardInterrupt:
        GPIO.cleanup()

lightoff.sh:

#!/bin/bash

sudo python lightoff.py

the .sh and .py files are all in the same directory. I tried adding the full path without success. Also, all permissions and rights are granted.
I tried with sudo and without sudo...
Do you have an idea I didn't think of?

ras07

Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:12 pm

CharlyDelta wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:17 pm
lightoff.sh:

#!/bin/bash

sudo python lightoff.py
the .sh and .py files are all in the same directory. I tried adding the full path without success. Also, all permissions and rights are granted.
I tried with sudo and without sudo...
Do you have an idea I didn't think of?
ALL of the following has to be true for user-defined buttons to work:

1. Nothing can run with sudo. RPi-WCI runs as the www-data user, which does not have sudo rights. So you need to both remove the sudo call from your scripts, and make sure that the scripts run correctly when you call them w/o using sudo. (This also means that normal users need to have access to do everything your Python program does, of course.)

2. The script files have to be in /var/www/html/macros (the html part might be different depending on where you installed RPi-WCI, but they have to be in the macros subdirectory).

3. Your Python files can be wherever you want, but your script will have to specify the full path, even if they're in the same directory as your scripts. (IIRC the script ends up executing with the root directory as the current context.)

4. The www-data user has to have execution rights to the scripts, and at least read access to the Python files. (It's also cleanest to make www-data is the owner of the scripts, but that's not technically required, as long as everyone has execute access to them.)

Best way to make sure this all works: change to the www-data user, cd to root, and make sure you can manually run the scripts from there:

sudo su - www-data
cd /
/var/www/html/macros/lightoff.sh
Again, the html part might be different depending on where you installed RPi-WCI. If everything runs correctly from there you should be good to go.

CharlyDelta

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:58 pm

ALL of the following has to be true for user-defined buttons to work:

1. Nothing can run with sudo. RPi-WCI runs as the www-data user, which does not have sudo rights. So you need to both remove the sudo call from your scripts, and make sure that the scripts run correctly when you call them w/o using sudo. (This also means that normal users need to have access to do everything your Python program does, of course.)

2. The script files have to be in /var/www/html/macros (the html part might be different depending on where you installed RPi-WCI, but they have to be in the macros subdirectory).

3. Your Python files can be wherever you want, but your script will have to specify the full path, even if they're in the same directory as your scripts. (IIRC the script ends up executing with the root directory as the current context.)

4. The www-data user has to have execution rights to the scripts, and at least read access to the Python files. (It's also cleanest to make www-data is the owner of the scripts, but that's not technically required, as long as everyone has execute access to them.)

Everything's working fine, thank you!

sbkomurcu

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 pm

Hello,
Currently I am working on a project to observe the sky (by meas of location of the stars etc). As the pure raspberry cameras are not good enough in terms of resolution and quality, I had to with another camera module.
The camera module that I am currently using supports MMAL although it is using its own library. (ie. instead of raspivid, it uses meye_raspivid).
My question is where should I start working from? I have asked to the dev and told me to modify the raspicam files. As a noob, I do not where to start from. I have go all thorugh the codes but no luck. Does anyone else is using another type of camera module or knows how to proceed with it?
btw. manys thanks to silvanmelchior ! It is such a great job...

ras07

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 am

sbkomurcu wrote:
Currently I am working on a project to observe the sky (by meas of location of the stars etc). As the pure raspberry cameras are not good enough in terms of resolution and quality, I had to with another camera module.
The camera module that I am currently using supports MMAL although it is using its own library. (ie. instead of raspivid, it uses meye_raspivid).
My question is where should I start working from? I have asked to the dev and told me to modify the raspicam files. As a noob, I do not where to start from. I have go all thorugh the codes but no luck. Does anyone else is using another type of camera module or knows how to proceed with it?
I'm pretty sure that would involve editing and recompiling the raspimjpeg source code. I haven't heard of anyone trying that.

Can you give us a more little more detail on your use case? There might be other approaches that we could suggest.

sbkomurcu

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:40 am

ras07 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 am
sbkomurcu wrote:
I'm pretty sure that would involve editing and recompiling the raspimjpeg source code. I haven't heard of anyone trying that.

Can you give us a more little more detail on your use case? There might be other approaches that we could suggest.
First of all, thank you for responding! The aim of my project is to take a picture of the sky in every 24 hours (where the camera is located on a fixed place), and compare the taken pictures in order to observe the movement of the stars. Also, I would like to be able to stream so that I will not have to go to check the situation of my RPi. (I expect my RPi to be on the roof for like 6 monts, so it would be really nice if I can able to watch the stream and able to reach to saved pictures).

The camera module that I am using is already giving the source code in the following link: https://github.com/veyeimaging/raspberr ... ye_raspcam (it is based on raspicam)
As far as I understood, I should modify the raspimjpeg, but I wonder if there is an easier way to do that (ie. instead of using raspivid, use /bin/veye_raspivid, within the code.) as I have all the source code of both module.
Any suggestion or help is much appreciated! Thank you, in advance!

ras07

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:31 pm

sbkomurcu wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:40 am
The camera module that I am using is already giving the source code in the following link: https://github.com/veyeimaging/raspberr ... ye_raspcam (it is based on raspicam)
As far as I understood, I should modify the raspimjpeg, but I wonder if there is an easier way to do that (ie. instead of using raspivid, use /bin/veye_raspivid, within the code.) as I have all the source code of both module.
Any suggestion or help is much appreciated! Thank you, in advance!
I took a quick look at the code you pointed to but it wasn't clear to me how to integrate it with raspimjpeg. Not having that camera, I can't really test anything. Perhaps others will have better ideas. Let us know if you make progress!

mritou

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:07 am

Hello,
I don't know if the subject as alreay been approch. Sorry if it is...
I already have an apache2 running, and install script erase all my config.
So i'd like to know if we can find a manual installation for the webui ?
Thank's for your help
MrItou

ras07

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:01 am

mritou wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:07 am
I don't know if the subject as alreay been approch. Sorry if it is...
I already have an apache2 running, and install script erase all my config.
So i'd like to know if we can find a manual installation for the webui ?
Do you know what changed? I didn't think the install erased anything, it just added to it. Of course, if you have something else installed at /var/www/html you should install RPi-WCI someplace else.

feghous

Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Hello,

I've been using Rpi cam web interface for a few days now and it's been wonderful. However i noticed that when I record an image, the angle of this image is much wider than the angle of the stream preview in the main page. I would like to have this wide angle for the preview in the main page, but i didn't find anything that solves this in the camera settings or in this forum.
Does anybody know how to configure the angle of the preview ?

Thanks
Last edited by feghous on Sat May 02, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Camera board”