Ravenous

Re: Camera module! (And a picture of JamesH)

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Oh I see - I re-read your post and realise now. (I was getting confused with the fixed photo booth guy.) I hadn't understood it was going to be a moving setup!

Yes bright LEDs very close to the taking lens is probably the best bet.

You haven't yet said (1) what the costume will be and (2) where the button is that they will push!

cosmo

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Ravenous wrote:You haven't yet said (1) what the costume will be and (2) where the button is that they will push!
1 - it will be an actual Photo Booth- I tend to do large, elaborate costumes (in years past, I have made a working slot machine and a working crane game). I want it to look as much like the real thing, I have a lot of logistics to work out, but the way I see it, there will be a small booth (with curtain) next to the compartment that I am in.

2- Inside the booth, the camera and button (and monitor if possible) for the user interface. I want to mount the camera separately on an arm that can swing out in front of me so that I can also capture group shots with myself included (I will be looking out the front part, with my face protruding out one of the 'Sample' portraits on the booth's outer wall.

ejarosek

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 pm

I will probably pick up 4x when they become available for development. If things went well we may be in for 1000-2000 / year.

Jay1100

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Does anyone know of a method (similar to SMPTE or JACK Sync) that would work to sync video (from the camera card) and the audio (from whatever audio input there might be on the RPi itself) before streaming? Thanks in advance!

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:05 am

Jay1100 wrote:Does anyone know of a method (similar to SMPTE or JACK Sync) that would work to sync video (from the camera card) and the audio (from whatever audio input there might be on the RPi itself) before streaming? Thanks in advance!
I think this should all be done by OpenMAX clocks components. How? DUnno, but that I think how we do it on mobiles using the same GPU.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

Jay1100

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:17 pm

jamesh wrote:
Jay1100 wrote:Does anyone know of a method (similar to SMPTE or JACK Sync) that would work to sync video (from the camera card) and the audio (from whatever audio input there might be on the RPi itself) before streaming? Thanks in advance!
I think this should all be done by OpenMAX clocks components. How? DUnno, but that I think how we do it on mobiles using the same GPU.

Thanks very much for pointing me in this direction!

Return to “Camera board”